Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics

Old 02-02-2021, 12:35 PM
Evil Dead

Menace: Encounter of Dementia (Original Comic)

This is an original concept-art horror-comics oriented short story about the eerie profundity of seeing demons in times of great personal creative dilemma. This was inspired by my love of movies featuing characters involved in horror-comics and general comics writing, such as Chasing Amy.

====

DIARY ENTRY (Jacobs):

"I first encountered the monstrosity when I was walking to my mailbox at about 5 am, just 1 hour before I was heading into work that day at the butcher's shop. The being was riding some kind of hovering board or air-powered skateboard and had very unruly hair and when he got closer and closer, I realized he had pale gray skin and yellow eyes and what seemed to be two tiny horns on his forehead. To no surprise, the first thing me suggested to me was that I looked predictably stale at 5 am, given his overall challenging and sarcastic demeanor."

Jacobs recorded this in his diary about one week after he first encountered the demonic entity known as Menace who was haunting his small suburban town in New Jersey (USA). Jacobs, a mild-mannered horror-fiction writer, at first thought his vision simply reflected his time spent working too much on horror fiction stories and not enough on prayer or normal activities after work. However, something in him told him that what he was witnessing as a peaceful law-abiding writer was indeed some kind of incisive demon entity who wanted only to confound his life by muddling his creative thinking with dark thoughts about his tendency to indulge in paranoia.

DIARY ENTRY (Jacobs):

"I really thought I saw the entity again. This time, I was walking down my sidewalk late at night to dump my garbage in the dumpster at the end of the street in my neighborhood. I saw what first seemed to be a set of glowing lights, and I thought it was a car or a set of flashlights or something. However, when it got close to me, I knew for sure it was the same challenging entity confounding my sense of security and paranoia. This time, the dark entity simply laughed at me before suggesting I was too lazy to take out the trash before sunset."

Jacobs was now truly frightened. He realized that this Menace entity was no joke at all and simply wanted to make him feel like a man who simply shouldn't have picked up the craft of horror-writing. This Menace was the diametric opposite of an awesome muse, guiding and inspiring the writer towards reflective and illuminating thoughts about the graphic intelligence behind horror folklore. Jacobs had to decide whether or not to continue in this path towards great horror-fiction diaries, lest it draw Menace closer and closer towards darkness and the mild-mannered Jacobs closer and closer...towards death!

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg menace1.jpg (33.2 KB, 1 views)