Old 05-19-2016, 04:45 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Murders in the Zoo
Interesting flick. Great murder mystery type with animals used as the murder weapon. Ending was a bit random, and the comic relief took a little too much camera, but it was good regardless.
Accurate summary, Roi. It's entertaining, and the deliciously sinister performance from Lionel Atwill is a treat. God, do I love Atwill.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:25 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Accurate summary, Roi. It's entertaining, and the deliciously sinister performance from Lionel Atwill is a treat. God, do I love Atwill.
Agreed! It needed less comic relief, more Atwill killing people with snake heads tied to his shoes.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 05-19-2016, 07:28 PM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Agreed! It needed less comic relief, more Atwill killing people with snake heads tied to his shoes.
No doubt, the funny advert man was an unneeded diversion. When you have Atwill and Kathleen Burke in your cast there's no need for comic relief. Are you familiar with another Atwill Classic called Dr. X? Too much funny guy in that one too, and Faye Wray co-stars!! The comedy stuff just takes away from the drama and feels like an interruption. It's not uncommon for movies of that era, but it's still fun to complain about.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:48 PM

Quote:
No doubt, the funny advert man was an unneeded diversion. When you have Atwill and Kathleen Burke in your cast there's no need for comic relief. Are you familiar with another Atwill Classic called Dr. X? Too much funny guy in that one too, and Faye Wray co-stars!!

The comedy stuff just takes away from the drama and feels like an interruption. It's not uncommon for movies of that era, but it's still fun to complain about.
I don't believe I have! Looked up a summary for it, it had me at 'cannibalistic murders'.

Complaining about movies is half the fun!

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:16 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
The opening scene of the film is fantastic - it set the bar too high for what followed.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
The opening scene of the film is fantastic - it set the bar too high for what followed.
My thoughts exactly!! I was expecting more twisted things like that to happen but was very much let down. Seems each kill got more and more boring as they went on. *again blames comic relief*

Old 05-21-2016, 03:50 AM
Horror > Everything

You guys thought the kills that took place after the first one were a let down?? Fake snake head assault? Feeding your cheating wife to alligators? Being strangled by a giant anaconda??? Wow, you guys must have had some high expectations.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
You guys thought the kills that took place after the first one were a let down?? Fake snake head assault? Feeding your cheating wife to alligators? Being strangled by a giant anaconda??? Wow, you guys must have had some high expectations.
They weren't awful but c'mon. He sewed a guys mouth shut and abandoned him in the jungle to get eaten by tigers. How fun would it have been to torment his other victims a little before feeding them to the animals.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:41 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Una sull'altra aka Perversion Story aka One on Top of the Other (1969)

>>: C+
Old 05-23-2016, 11:59 AM
Penthouse Pauper

The Masque of the Red Death- 1964. Vincent.