Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-31-2009, 01:19 PM
BigPapaDune

A Horror Movie I watched as a Kid, but can't remember the Name of it...

Hi Everybody,

I would like to ask anybody if they might be able to help me on figuring out the name if this Horror film that I watch as a kid. I watch this film when I was 10 -12 ish, which that would be roughly 20 years ago. Back then it scared the $hit out of me.

Here it goes,

The scene I remember is an Alien type creature that would throw a alien flesh ninja star thing, It would land on the back of your neck, and these tubes or feelers would inject into your skin and to my memories it would either control you or suck something out. I remember seeing a farm type of setting. Thats all I have.

Thats all I have, can anyone help me on figuring out this movie. Or at least point me into a helpful direction.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 10-31-2009, 07:30 PM
mloutch

That would be WITHOUT WARNING - 1980 -

starred Jack Palance, Martin Landau and David Caruso

Had somewhat similar plot of an Alien "hunting humans" on earth as the Predator movie in 87 - Also note the Alien in this flick was played by Kevin Hall who played the Predator vs Arnie
Old 10-31-2009, 10:01 PM
Holy Wood

Question does anyone know this name of this scary movie?

hi everyone, I'm new here to these forums :), well anyway,

I'm trying to remember the name of this scary movie I seen back in the 90's it wasnt in movie theaters and it was on TV only, and it was made in the summer of 1997, 1998, or 1999 somewhere around there, possibly in the summer of 2000

anyways the movie is about this family that goes on a vacation to a small town thats really strange and all the people in the town are kinda weird and the family stays there for I think the whole summer and they stay in a house or something and while their there, some kind of evil spirit or evil unknown creature is trying to kill the family or harrass them (cant really remember) and all kinds of weird stuff starts happening in the house and the family is afraid to sleep in there rooms and they all wind up sleeping in the living room and no one can see the evil spirit/creature but they can hear it and sense its there, and I think the family tries to escape and leave the town and at the end of the movie the family is driving back home down the highway and its kinda dark and the evil sprit/creature or what ever it was hits the windshield, in the movie, what ever hit the windshield at the end it kind of looked like a huge cockroach or a really big bug, thats all I can really remember about the movie and I was wondering if it sounds familiar to anyone and if they know the name of the movie?

another thing I remember from the movie is one of the family members comes up missing or something and I think it was either the son or father, and the family is trying to find him
Old 11-03-2009, 04:42 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrouchsmom View Post
I don't know what being the "friggin' man" garners me, hopefully a gift in the mail, but at the very least hopefully a reply to this thread that says something like, "Holy shit, I can't believe you knew that."
Really I just wanted to know if this was the correct film or not.......looks like newbies posting a "what movie is this" and then never returning is quite commonplace....
Old 11-03-2009, 05:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Wood View Post
hi everyone, I'm new here to these forums :), well anyway,

I'm trying to remember the name of this scary movie I seen back in the 90's it wasnt in movie theaters and it was on TV only, and it was made in the summer of 1997, 1998, or 1999 somewhere around there, possibly in the summer of 2000

anyways the movie is about this family that goes on a vacation to a small town thats really strange and all the people in the town are kinda weird and the family stays there for I think the whole summer and they stay in a house or something and while their there, some kind of evil spirit or evil unknown creature is trying to kill the family or harrass them (cant really remember) and all kinds of weird stuff starts happening in the house and the family is afraid to sleep in there rooms and they all wind up sleeping in the living room and no one can see the evil spirit/creature but they can hear it and sense its there, and I think the family tries to escape and leave the town and at the end of the movie the family is driving back home down the highway and its kinda dark and the evil sprit/creature or what ever it was hits the windshield, in the movie, what ever hit the windshield at the end it kind of looked like a huge cockroach or a really big bug, thats all I can really remember about the movie and I was wondering if it sounds familiar to anyone and if they know the name of the movie?

another thing I remember from the movie is one of the family members comes up missing or something and I think it was either the son or father, and the family is trying to find him
Sounds like one of the "Amityville Horror" movies.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrouchsmom View Post
Really I just wanted to know if this was the correct film or not.......looks like newbies posting a "what movie is this" and then never returning is quite commonplace....
I know RIGHT.......Don't ya feel so used?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:21 AM
ratk2501

someone remember this movie?

Hi everyone,

i'm just trying to remember the name of this movie. I'm not sure if it was in 80's or 90's. I have a very large souvenir of this and i want to retrieve the title to watch it again.

The plot is some bunch of people plugging themselves on some sort of animal that looks like a purple or pink jellyfish. I remember it was called "A Pod", It has a kind of tentacul that you can connect on your arm or neck, i'm not sure.

And when you are connect, you can play in a realistic world like The Matrix and do your fantasies, but somewhere in the movie, they connect to the game while they are already in the game so they can't recover in reality.

Does this gives an hint to somebody?

thank you to answer
Old 11-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I know RIGHT.......Don't ya feel so used?
Yes. Yes I do.

And that other movie DOES sound like an Amityville movie, that's the first thing I thought as well....but I sure in the hell don't remember any giant cockroach, or anything of the like...
Old 11-03-2009, 11:48 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratk2501 View Post
Hi everyone,

i'm just trying to remember the name of this movie. I'm not sure if it was in 80's or 90's. I have a very large souvenir of this and i want to retrieve the title to watch it again.

The plot is some bunch of people plugging themselves on some sort of animal that looks like a purple or pink jellyfish. I remember it was called "A Pod", It has a kind of tentacul that you can connect on your arm or neck, i'm not sure.

And when you are connect, you can play in a realistic world like The Matrix and do your fantasies, but somewhere in the movie, they connect to the game while they are already in the game so they can't recover in reality.

Does this gives an hint to somebody?

thank you to answer
Its 'eXistenZ' by David Cronenberg.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:20 AM
Bredberi

I'll try once again with my synopsis of 90's movie or episode of horror TV show...

I can remember the man who comes on house party. While entering the house, he is stopped by the familiar voice from the backyard dark which says him not to enter, but he ignores it. During the party, things become strange, it seems that people can't stop dancing, and after a while some of them freeze and stand still. Man is scared and tries to escape, but doors and windows are broken. He manages to reach a roof of the house through fireplace, jumps on a tree near the house walls and falls on the ground. While getting up he looks at the house and its main entrance and sees himself entering in. He screams ''No, don't go there!'' and collapses...

I appreciate any help, thanks in advance!

Tags
#demon #possession, 70's, 80's, advice, afterlife, alcohol, asylum, b&w, bad acting, body parts, cant find film, cemetary, children, classic horror movies, cloche, closet, creepy woman, cult, dead, demon, dog, doll, early 2000s, experimental, factory, film, film name, finding, fog, found footage, funny, ghost, ghosts, giallo, girl, god, gothic, gun, guy, haunted, haunted house, haunted painting, head on platter, help needed, helpme, horror, horror movie, horror movies, horror. japanese horror, house, indie film, indie horror, judgment night, korean, korean horror gates, laughable horror, monster, movie, movie help critics, movie name, movie still, movie title, murder, near-death experience, obscure, paranormal, possessed, question, radio devil nuns evil, red, room, scary movie, scene, search film, sex scene, ship, suicide, summon, supernatural, the gate, title, urgent, weird, white noise, witch, woman, woods