Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-23-2014, 09:02 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
How does it compare to V/H/S and V/H/S/2?
To be honest id rate them all pretty much the same, some good stories, some not that good.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:09 AM
Evil Dead

I'm going to see Ouija tomorrow. It has a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes based on 7 reviews. This should be interesting!
Old 10-23-2014, 12:46 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Left Behind" 2/10

Thia remake was so bad I don't know where to begin. It was so bad I don't even wanna bother reviewing it. Instead I will quote a bunch of people who did make that effort.

"There is the whole Christian thing going on, but that was not as problematic as the fact that the 110 minute movie is about 50 minutes too long for the content of the story. The script is all over the place and whoever wrote this, seemed to be more concerned about placing a bunch of people in a potpourri of clich�d vignettes telling the viewer how everything is going to be ok. The movie tries to be philosophical and poignant, but instead just comes across as a half-baked contrivance. Often Nick Cage brings something to just about any script regardless of its quality. This time though, there simply is nothing there to work with.
The movie I am sure will work for some people but as far as dystopic storytelling, it is pretty thin. Even the ending is dumb in that it leaves the entire aftermath hanging out there with no real resolution."

"If you like pepperoni ice-cream or chocolate beer, this movie is for you."

"Terrible doesn't even come close to describing this flick.
Nicolas cages hairline is the only reason for watching this film."

"The movie was imo like a made for TV Christmas special, at least the soundtrack made it seem that way to me. I was surprised that Cage was in it, must have been for a tax write off lol"

"watching this movie felt like i really was going through the tribulation described in the bible.
i prayed to kirk cameron to save me from the awfulness of this film, but he didnt show up so i had to turn it off myself. but im still a believer in kirk and the salvation he offers through the banana. all praise be to the banana, peace be upon it. May it's odd texture and phallic shape not distract from the truth that it proclaims. thus sayeth kirk. Amen."

"Don't wait for the DVD, it'll be on TV by tomorrow...."

They are all correct.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Evil Sweat

V/H/S: Viral (2014)
The main story line: a bit too vague for my taste.
Story 1: best story and best execution.
Story 2: didn't care much for this one.
Story 3: pretty good/near awesome.
So overal, it's not boring or bad but definitely the least good one in the series.

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon (2006)
Second viewing. Still a brilliant movie.
It's as sad as infuriating that they don't have money for the prequel or sequel, while pieces of crap sequels (or shitty movies in general) keep being made.

The Terminator (1984)
Been a while since I've seen this one.
Noticed some small plotholes that didn't see before but I don't care.
I love this movie.

From Paris With Love (2010)
Kick ass movie with John Travolta in one of his better roles.
Also deserves a sequel.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:19 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post

"Left Behind" 2/10

Thia remake was so bad I don't know where to begin. It was so bad I don't even wanna bother reviewing it. Instead I will quote a bunch of people who did make that effort.

"There is the whole Christian thing going on, but that was not as problematic as the fact that the 110 minute movie is about 50 minutes too long for the content of the story. The script is all over the place and whoever wrote this, seemed to be more concerned about placing a bunch of people in a potpourri of clich�d vignettes telling the viewer how everything is going to be ok. The movie tries to be philosophical and poignant, but instead just comes across as a half-baked contrivance. Often Nick Cage brings something to just about any script regardless of its quality. This time though, there simply is nothing there to work with.
The movie I am sure will work for some people but as far as dystopic storytelling, it is pretty thin. Even the ending is dumb in that it leaves the entire aftermath hanging out there with no real resolution."

"If you like pepperoni ice-cream or chocolate beer, this movie is for you."

"Terrible doesn't even come close to describing this flick.
Nicolas cages hairline is the only reason for watching this film."

"The movie was imo like a made for TV Christmas special, at least the soundtrack made it seem that way to me. I was surprised that Cage was in it, must have been for a tax write off lol"

"watching this movie felt like i really was going through the tribulation described in the bible.
i prayed to kirk cameron to save me from the awfulness of this film, but he didnt show up so i had to turn it off myself. but im still a believer in kirk and the salvation he offers through the banana. all praise be to the banana, peace be upon it. May it's odd texture and phallic shape not distract from the truth that it proclaims. thus sayeth kirk. Amen."

"Don't wait for the DVD, it'll be on TV by tomorrow...."

They are all correct.
Ack, sounds dreadful. I never read Left Behind (& never will), never saw the 2000 original film with Kirk Cameron, & I won't be seeing this film. Unfortunately, I'll have to see the 2000 film eventually as part of my cultural education (like seeing Star Wars, Last Temptation & Passion). Having read the New Testament, speculative fiction on this particular subject always makes me cringe.

Disgust seems pretty universal...

"Christian magazine Christianity Today heavily criticized the film, saying, "Left Behind is not a Christian movie, whatever 'Christian Movie' could even possibly mean. In fact, most Christians within the world of the movie—whether the street-preacher lady at the airport or Rayford Steele's wife—are portrayed as insistent, crazy, delusional, or at the very least just really annoying. They want churches to book whole theaters and take their congregations, want it to be a Youth Group event, want magazines like this one to publish Discussion Questions at the end of their reviews—want the system to churn away, all the while netting them cash, without ever having to have cared a shred about actual Christian belief. They want to trick you into caring about the movie. Don't. We tried to give the film zero stars, but our tech system won't allow it.""

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
The Terminator (1984)
Been a while since I've seen this one.
Noticed some small plotholes that didn't see before but I don't care.
I love this movie.
Nice! I love hearing about plot-holes, especially with time-travel films. Can I persuade you to share one of them?

Last edited by Sculpt; 10-23-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:26 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Nice! I love hearing about plot-holes, especially with time-travel films. Can I persuade you to share one of them?
Wasn't really a plothole, so nevermind.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:38 PM
Evil Dead

6.5/10
Old 10-23-2014, 11:41 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post

"Christian magazine Christianity Today heavily criticized the film, saying, "Left Behind is not a Christian movie, whatever 'Christian Movie' could even possibly mean. In fact, most Christians within the world of the movie—whether the street-preacher lady at the airport or Rayford Steele's wife—are portrayed as insistent, crazy, delusional, or at the very least just really annoying. They want churches to book whole theaters and take their congregations, want it to be a Youth Group event, want magazines like this one to publish Discussion Questions at the end of their reviews—want the system to churn away, all the while netting them cash, without ever having to have cared a shred about actual Christian belief. They want to trick you into caring about the movie. Don't. We tried to give the film zero stars, but our tech system won't allow it.""
I like that review. Especially that last part.

"We tried to give the film zero stars, but our tech system won't allow it."

Funny. And most likely true.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:09 AM
Evil Sweat

Thumb resize.
Exists (2014)
B+
Solid movie with a good pace. Length is 86 minutes with no unneccessary filler.
I thought the movie was quite smart. Story was simple but good.
Characters aren't dumb or unlikable and their actions make sense.
Couple of horror clichés but they are well done so who cares.
If the ending was a little bit better I'd gave it an A.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:33 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Thumb resize.
Exists (2014)
B+
Solid movie with a good pace. Length is 86 minutes with no unneccessary filler.
I thought the movie was quite smart. Story was simple but good.
Characters aren't dumb or unlikable and their actions make sense.
Couple of horror clichés but they are well done so who cares.
If the ending was a little bit better I'd gave it an A.
Hmm..

First of all, it's yet another found footage flick, so i wouldn't bother wasting an hour of my life on it.

Second, what the hell is up with all these bigfoot movies this year??? Are we celebrating its 200 years anniversary?

Tags
movie