Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-02-2007, 07:14 PM
The Ninth Muse

A HAIRY thing...

I really do like alot of Asian horror movies, and never pass up the chance to see a new one, but if I see one more movie with a dead chick, with long black hair over her face I will personally get out my clippers and shave every damn long black haired person that comes into my central vision just to alleviate the growing irritation....:eek:

WHY!!!! WHY!!!! Do they have to rehash this over and over in alot of movies!!!
I am not scared by that...just makes me want to yank on it!!! :P

I really like the movie Infection....anyone see that? It may already be a thread I haven't seen. Really original, cool movie though...AND NO BLACK HAIR!!!! Well not in the face anyway....lol
Old 05-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via ICQ to Smackytherabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
I really do like alot of Asian horror movies, and never pass up the chance to see a new one, but if I see one more movie with a dead chick, with long black hair over her face I will personally get out my clippers and shave every damn long black haired person that comes into my central vision just to alleviate the growing irritation....:eek:

WHY!!!! WHY!!!! Do they have to rehash this over and over in alot of movies!!!
I am not scared by that...just makes me want to yank on it!!! :P

I really like the movie Infection....anyone see that? It may already be a thread I haven't seen. Really original, cool movie though...AND NO BLACK HAIR!!!! Well not in the face anyway....lol
Its the Asian equivalent of the boogy man (freddy, jason, ect). Its an evil/ most likely ghost/female/ with a covered face so that you don't know what lies behind it.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:54 PM
The Ninth Muse

lol...yes I got that....but still...do they really have to look EXACTLY the same?

I need to make my own blonde version of that..could be even scarier you know....a blonde could probably wreak more havock even without the slightest intention :P
Old 05-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
lol...yes I got that....but still...do they really have to look EXACTLY the same?

I need to make my own blonde version of that..could be even scarier you know....a blonde could probably wreak more havock even without the slightest intention :P
The long black hair is a big part of the legend in itself though, have you seen Kwaiden? The story "Black Hair" even uses a similar "look" for its main female character.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:40 PM
The Ninth Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
The long black hair is a big part of the legend in itself though, have you seen Kwaiden? The story "Black Hair" even uses a similar "look" for its main female character.

No, I will look for it though...but what is so scary about long black hair in Asia, where almost everyone has long black hair? lol...I am just being Devil's advocate a bit for discussions sake. :)
Old 05-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
No, I will look for it though...but what is so scary about long black hair in Asia, where almost everyone has long black hair? lol...I am just being Devil's advocate a bit for discussions sake. :)
It's just one of their cultural things, I don't fully understand it myself although there are a lot of old Asian "ghost stories" that use similar imagery. Kwaiden is an older film with four, I'd say spooky, stories. Great film IMO but some may find it dated.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:51 PM
The Ninth Muse

Quote:
It's just one of their cultural things, I don't fully understand it myself although there are a lot of old Asian "ghost stories" that use similar imagery. Kwaiden is an older film with four, I'd say spooky, stories. Great film IMO but some may find it dated.

Is it hard to find? I am getting a new computer right away so maybe I can try to find it somewhere online.

Very interesting, but I think now it is time for some new ideas in the newer films. I am sure that I am not the only person thnking this. I guess it is just the same as how hollywood tends to revisit the tried and true money making film themes. Hopefully the Asian directors will take a different path, and give us some fresh Horror meat. :)
Old 05-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Evil Puppy

You're just seeing one part of Asian horror though, there are a lot of different ideas in Asian horror but the ones currently becoming hot or being adapted for an American remake do have the distinction of being similar. Probably because of the success of The Ring.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:17 PM
The Ninth Muse

Quote:
You're just seeing one part of Asian horror though, there are a lot of different ideas in Asian horror but the ones currently becoming hot or being adapted for an American remake do have the distinction of being similar. Probably because of the success of The Ring.
I am sure you are right. I am pretty limited here as to what I can rent, which is minimal. I would appreciate any movie recommendations you have. Probably I would have to look for them online though. I still have never seen any Fulci mvies here to rent, and Zwoti has made me CRAZY about getting to see them lol....It is weird how it is so hard to find certain things here. Occasionally I find some rare things at Planet of Sound...a local used movie/music store, but they mark up the prices very high on these if they are there. I am in New Orleans lately pretty often. I can also look for movies there next time.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Evil Puppy

Check out the recent suggestions from V and myself in the other thread here... some great ones in there. You've seen the required ones like Ichi, Versus, Battle Royale, and Audition right?