Old 05-22-2018, 07:55 AM
Evil Dead

Vincent Price

There are some movies where I see them on the late show and I never see any reference to them, so I wonder if I am the only person who knows about this movie. One of those movies is Price's Champagne for Caesar.

Another one is On Borrowed Time, starring Lionel Barrymore. The old man cheats Death. (Death, calling himself Mr. Brink, is played by Cedric Hardwicke. I wasn't sure about that casting. I had to check imdb.com.)

I'll bet Death is a hell of a fun part for actors to play! Sometimes Death is a woman, like Jessica lange in All That Jazz.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:01 AM
Evil Dead

Great line from Theater of Blood

From the scene where they receive the guy's heart in a box. "Yes, it's Lionheart. Only he would have the nerve to rewrite Shakespeare."
Remember Price as the hairdresser? "Call me Butch."

Then there's Michael Hordern in the movie's beginning. The British don't really have a star system. An actor who's the star in one movie will happily take a little supporting role in his next movie.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:40 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I downloaded The Last Man on Earth so hopefully I'll get to see the whole movie when I have time. It looks really good. :)
Old 06-21-2018, 07:50 AM
Evil Dead

Price is a lot of fun

I guess what I always say about Richard Burton is true also about Vincent Price: whether he is giving a great performance or just hamming it up, he is always fun to watch.

Was Edward Scissorhands his last film? Let me go over to imdb.com...
Old 06-21-2018, 07:56 AM
Evil Dead

Actors with great voices

What you said about Price's voice makes me think of what I always say about Jack Palance: that he couldn't ask you to pass the salt without sounding like he's the devil asking for your soul.

"Would you...please...pass...the salt?"
"Yes, yes, here it is!"

Then there's Claude Raines. His voice was always a major asset, especially when you couldn't see his face, like in The Invisible Man.

"The whole world's frightened of me! Frightened to death! Even the moon's frightened of me!"
Old 06-21-2018, 06:27 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoneus1957 View Post
What you said about Price's voice makes me think of what I always say about Jack Palance: that he couldn't ask you to pass the salt without sounding like he's the devil asking for your soul.

"Would you...please...pass...the salt?"
"Yes, yes, here it is!"

Then there's Claude Raines. His voice was always a major asset, especially when you couldn't see his face, like in The Invisible Man.

"The whole world's frightened of me! Frightened to death! Even the moon's frightened of me!"
Oh good grief! Those three had great command of their voices, and great voices they were born with! I really have great appreciation for the sound and skill those three preformed with their voices. I am a fan.

Old 08-21-2018, 08:05 AM
Evil Dead

one caveat

The only thing that disappointed me about the second Dr. Phibes movie is that it didn't have the actress who played his helper in the first movie.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:55 AM
Evil Dead

The comedy of terrors

I thought of this movie yesterday, a movie I haven't since it's first run. It's a comedy starring Price and Peter Lorre (Boris Karloff also has a small part, I think). Price and Lorre play a couple of undertakers. They only have one coffin, so after the mourners are gone they dump the body out of the coffin into the grave, so they can re-use the coffin.

In one scene, Price's character is taunting Lorre's about his being a confessed bank robber. Lorre replies "I never confessed! They just proved it."
Old 08-25-2018, 07:56 AM
Evil Dead

Just a coincidence?

A couple of days ago, I posted about a Vincent Price movie I haven't thought about in years: The Comedy of Terrors.

Last night they showed it on Turner Classic Movies.

Maybe my mind is controlling the tv set.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:18 PM
ventricle

Synchronicity