Old 02-12-2019, 10:11 AM
Banned

What is my fascination with homoeroticism? I wasn't aware that I had one, but on the Eric Andre show I have seen him trying to grab Flavor Flav's dick and he even told him not to do that and kind of laughed about it and then he did it again and he told him not to grab his fucking dick and then a minute or so later he did it again and then Flavor Flav stood up and was ready to knock him out but then Eric kicked his desk over and there was a bathtub underneath it and he was wearing tighty whities from the waist down without any other clothes on and while he's getting in the bathtub Flavor Flav says something to the effect of this mother fucker ain't playing and then there was a time Vivica a.fox was on the show and they were doing a thing where she had to answer everything truthfully and suddenly he asks her if she had to choose one which you rather fuck her mom or her dad and she got this shocked look on her face and that's when the segment ends. It was another episode Chris Jericho was on there and Hannibal Buress kept coming up behind him and fucking with his hair and he told him a few times to stop and it one time got up and was ready to deck him. There is more that happened but I can't remember.

As far as Rick and Morty goes, practically everyone I have ever seen that said they only watched a couple episodes couldn't get into it. The show is confusing unless you watch enough of it to start piecing it together because you need to watch it from the beginning and give it a few episodes of consistency to start catching on see what's happening but I love this show. Not only is it great for adults, kids are going to watch cartoons no matter what and even though it comes on late at night, kids will still watch it and if they have Hulu will watch it there as well and considering they are going to pick up on the bad language, violence and all the other subliminal messages, it is also teaching them to think big and outside the box. In the long run this will do so much better for kids growing up then these Nickelodeon and Disney Channel cartoons will. I honestly consider Rick and Morty to be the most important cartoon of this generation.

Also, Rick burps all the time because he's drunk all the time. He is an alcoholic and there is actually an episode in season 2 that gets me right in the feels because it reminds me so much of a relationship I once had. I don't know if you have ever spent time around an alcoholic or not, I mean one who has been a hard drink for years and would die if they quit, they do burp and Hiccup constantly.

Last edited by Morningriser; 02-12-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:35 PM
ventricle

I haven't watched any in a long time. But when I buddy introduced me, I saw most of the 1st season. It's impressively creative, and usually very funny. It's a line crosser, but at least it seems more satirical then some other offerings.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:31 PM
Banned

Season 1 wasn't a consistent story like when season 2 started. It was just meant to get you familiar with the characters and what exactly Rich can do. Starting in season 2 they begin a story that is still going now when season 4 starts. This show is very creative and stays very entertaining with the humor. And season 2 there is another Intergalactic television episode that I think is funnier than the first one. You can literally tell Justin Roiland was fucking around when recording the voice overs for some of those characters. When it comes to silly shit like that which is in small doses I don't mind it but when you have full shows that come on later at night on Adult Swim like Tim and Eric and the like, it gets really annoying.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:33 PM
That fucking Guy...

I consider the starting point of the "good stuff" and continuity "Rick Potion #9", bout half way through first season.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:00 AM
Evil Dead

I'm fine with anyone messing with any black rap artist in any way. BUrst that macho bs bubble. If people go on his show and get shocked by Andre then they kind of deserve it for not doing their research. I've laughed out loud at his antics. Rick and Morty was about as funny as The Simpsons is now.(the occasional smile) Cartoons are kind of boring unless they are shocking like Family Guy.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:09 AM
Banned

I don't know if you know this or not, but Eric Andre isn't exactly David Letterman or Colbert or Jerry fucking Springer for that matter, meaning these celebrities probably had no idea who the hell he was but knew it was a comedy show where he would mess with them but had no idea the extent of it or how far he would go, and you are going to say these people deserve to be ridiculed for not knowing it would happen that way? Pardon my French sir, but fuck you and the jizz rail you rode in on.

And no offense, but I could see how Rick and Morty would go over your head.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:13 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
I'm fine with anyone messing with any black rap artist in any way. BUrst that macho bs bubble. If people go on his show and get shocked by Andre then they kind of deserve it for not doing their research. I've laughed out loud at his antics. Rick and Morty was about as funny as The Simpsons is now.(the occasional smile) Cartoons are kind of boring unless they are shocking like Family Guy.
Rick and Morty (like the Simpsons) have intellectual, philological and classics underpinnings, where if you don't know the philosophy or classic, you don't get the parody, irony, satire, jokes, at least not the multiple levels it's delivered. Rick/Morty also features sci-fi contexts, as you might expect.

Not much different than a comedian joking about rappers... if you don't know the context, you don't get the jokes. Still might be delivered in a humorous and likeable manner, but a person who doesn't have the context isn't likely to appreciate it.

I appreciated Family Guy's initial eps, in the way I appreciated Simpsons, Rick/Morty and South Parks, for purposeful satire -- that is making us take a look at our society or ourselves in a critical way -- which can be 'shocking'; as some humorists would philosophically say: humor has truth. But eventually a lot of the 'shocking' of Family Guy was merely shocking without any benefit or truth, just offense and corrosion; which not surprisingly I'm personally aware of folks who decidedly choose to take-a-pass-on for greener pastures. Certainly a taste issue.

Lastly, some humor is more universal, like in the Family Guy Star Wars parody, where two characters are trying to move a couch through a door. It's context and honesty, but there's nothing beneficial, it's just really funny good humor; it can be intense, but it's not shocking.

Last edited by Sculpt; 02-13-2019 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:31 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Lastly, some humor is more universal, like in the Family Guy Star Wars parody, where two characters are trying to move a couch through a door. It's context and honesty, but there's nothing beneficial, it's just really funny good humor; it can be intense, but it's not shocking.
The nosebleeds.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
The nosebleeds.

I like older Family Guy episodes as well as American Dad but it's just the same humor and they haven't evolved. I mean South Park, as stale as it has become, has still changed with the times, even if it isn't always the best move. I like Rick and Morty because it's always a mixed bag. You get obscure comedy, random comedy, crude comedy, and then not to mention it has a really good oh, well written and sought out story. It really makes people think and like I stated before, I think it is excellent for children because nowadays most kids aren't entertained by children's cartoons and a lot of kids watch adult swim and love Rick and Morty and while it is full of violence, bad language and sexual situations that children shouldn't see, which is kind of inevitable nowadays that they wouldn't see anywhere else, it's also subliminally teaching them a lot and making them think a lot which will then make them question things in their own life as they grow up making them into productive members of society.

I think Rick and Morty is the complete package that is good for everyone.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:49 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
I like older Family Guy episodes as well as American Dad but it's just the same humor and they haven't evolved.
They have though. The Orville.
Catch the latest season. It's like he's out to become a real director.