Old 10-30-2003, 11:58 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ChaoticMinister Send a message via Yahoo to ChaoticMinister
Question "The Dentist?"

Does this film exist? Because I remember something freaky from when I was around 4 years old involving an old house and a Dentist... Is there a Horror movie revolving around people's fears of the dentist (Personally, I like the dentist... Always fun! {Ich Bin Eine "Poster Child!"}:D)

Anyone know?

*FADE OUT*
Old 10-30-2003, 12:06 PM
Evil Dead

Yeah, and i'we seen it :/ The dentist screws the jaws of his patients open, and mistreat their mouths. A man finds his wife in the swimming pool with no teeths in her mouth, a really ugly sight.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:08 PM
Evil Dead

Is this the one?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116075/
Old 10-30-2003, 02:20 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
There is a film called the Dentist, but there's no way it's the one you saw when you were 4. It's not that old.
Old 10-30-2003, 02:31 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ChaoticMinister Send a message via Yahoo to ChaoticMinister
Yeah, you're probably right, I just pulled that number outta my butt... Not to lie or anything, just because i couldn't remember when the hell I saw it... But the actor looks alot like what I remember...

I might also be confusing it with the dentist from that James Bond flick: "Does it hurt, Mr. Bond?" or was it "Is it safe?"

I need to brush up on my classics....

*FADE OUT*
Old 10-30-2003, 03:26 PM
Living Dead

Send a message via ICQ to Krzychu
The Dentist 2 strikes a coupe de grace (ha ha ha).

BTW. What is your opinion about Brian Yuzna? He is genius or charlatan of the modern horror movies?? Everybody know Re-Animator...but The Dentist or Faust come up to it??
Old 10-30-2003, 04:09 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by ChaoticMinister
Yeah, you're probably right, I just pulled that number outta my butt... Not to lie or anything, just because i couldn't remember when the hell I saw it... But the actor looks alot like what I remember...

I might also be confusing it with the dentist from that James Bond flick: "Does it hurt, Mr. Bond?" or was it "Is it safe?"

I need to brush up on my classics....

*FADE OUT*
"Is it safe?" came from Marathon Man with Dustin Hoffman.

About Yuzna though, he is neither a genius or a charlatan IMO. He is a hit or miss guy to me. He has made great films and piss-poor films.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:05 PM
wigsplitta

kinda offa da subject

i know dis is off tha subject... but tha quote..."People hear that i'm a horror writer think i'm a monster... actually i have the heart of a small boy... i keep it in a jar on my desk" didnt stephen King say that??? i'm just asking... my faviorite horror writer... but i'm pretty sure he did....

Quote:
"He kept thumping and crushing until her skull looked like nothing more than a broken bowl filled with rotten chili... mmmm tasty!"--James Spanilio
Old 10-30-2003, 07:22 PM
Evil Dead

I've heard reports that it is from both of these authors... So, I dunno... I like Bloch better, so yeah...

I might change it someday, but this will do for now...

*FADE OUT*