Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Something about a pillow

Pet Sematary the book

Ive read this book close to 50 times and Every Single Time it scares the hell out of me, makes me cry and amazes me. Stephen King is one talented guy. The movie tops my list of Scariest Movies of All Time. I cant get sick of it , its impossible!!
Anyone elses thoughts on it?
Old 01-01-2004, 11:16 PM
Evil Dead

I liked the book a lot. Read it twice. It's my favorite King novel. FIFTY TIMES!?!?!? That's utterly amazing. You should get an award or something.

I liked how the novel tied the living dead with the Wendigo legend, and implied that the zombies were flesh-eaters of the Romero vein.

I also liked how the novel was about DEATH. All kinds of death. From the freaky intro about who'd written books and who hadn't all the way to Mamma Creed's experience with her dying sister. Unsettling. All horror, in my humble opinion, is about humanity's fear of death. That's something modern horror filmmakers often forget--they tend to think horror is one-liners and special effects.
Old 01-02-2004, 02:19 AM
www.CalabreseRock.com

Send a message via AIM to VampRocker
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
. That's something modern horror filmmakers often forget--they tend to think horror is one-liners and special effects.
How dare you?! Evil Dead not only had one-liners up the ass but was an incredibly serious film about death and all its heinous forms! Shame on you...:cool:

Anyways, I loved the book. Never seen the movie, though...
www.CalabreseRock.com
www.CalabreseRock.com
Old 01-02-2004, 03:57 AM
RUN RABBIT...RUN!!!

loved the movie, loved the book even more
the act of slow piercing is a transcendent spiritual event. there is no pain just sensation you observe the body, experiencing the sensation, surrender to the experience feel the indorful lush as the surgical steel slices through
Old 01-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Something about a pillow

Quote:
. All horror, in my humble opinion, is about humanity's fear of death.
I totally agree. This has to be one of the best books/movies about the fear of death. I read the prolouge-ish thing at the beginning of the book and it says that King started off with a question of "What if?" and it went from there. What if your son died? How far would you go to get him back? Stephen King is one of the best writers alive today, and maybe of all time.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:31 PM
www.CalabreseRock.com

Send a message via AIM to VampRocker
Quote:
Originally posted by orangestar
Stephen King is one of the best writers alive today, and maybe of all time.
I would agree with that! Sure, the man had a few crappy books, but he also had a ton of excellent books, so damnit, it evens out!

Stephen King rocks!
www.CalabreseRock.com
www.CalabreseRock.com
Old 01-02-2004, 06:57 PM
Evil Dead

I didn't even mention Evil Dead, much less say anything bad about it. It's one of my favorite movies. For the special-effects/one-liner school of horror, watch Underworld, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, or 90% of the crap put out by mainstream filmmakers (and yes, that especially means Dimension!!!).