Old 03-23-2017, 06:58 PM
I am the turtle lord

Stalker shadow of Chernobyl.
And wanting to play stalker clear sky, but its having launching issues. Need to see if I can find a patch for it online.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:38 AM
Evil Dead

Roland Ahoy!
Old 03-25-2017, 12:49 AM
No, fuck YOU

Damn, almost got used to not visiting this place anymore. Back on the drugs!!

"Mount & Blade: Warband" ps4

Graphics wise this game looked dated already in 2010 when it came out on pc and sadly the developers didn't manage to turn it into a console game very well in 2016, as the fighting techniques are impossible to master using a controller and not a mouse. That being said, who gives a fuck about fighting skills when you can have others fighting for you! It's incredibly satisfying gathering heroes and slowly building a bigger and stronger army to fight your battles and using this army as you like, either joining a faction or taking over the kingdom all on your own. You can do whatever you like as there's no clear direction or story. Mount & Blade can best be describe as a "Risk" based rpg. I believe I've been playing this game for way over 50 hours and I'm not even halfway throug it.

"Horizon Zero Dawn" ps4

Holy hell is this game huge!!

If I hadn't already played Far Cry Primal and Witcher 3 I would probably rate this a 10/10 game. But as it feels like a rip off of several other games, that I've played, will probably drag down my final rating a point or two. But it certainly is a good game and sure is beautiful.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:54 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post

Graphics wise this game looked dated already in 2010 when it came out on pc and sadly the developers didn't manage to turn it into a console game very well in 2016, as the fighting techniques are impossible to master using a controller and not a mouse. That being said, who gives a fuck about fighting skills when you can have others fighting for you! It's incredibly satisfying gathering heroes and slowly building a bigger and stronger army to fight your battles and using this army as you like, either joining a faction or taking over the kingdom all on your own. You can do whatever you like as there's no clear direction or story. Mount & Blade can best be describe as a "Risk" based rpg. I believe I've been playing this game for way over 50 hours and I'm not even halfway throug it.

"Horizon Zero Dawn" ps4

If I hadn't already played Far Cry Primal and Witcher 3 I would probably rate this a 10/10 game. But as it feels like a rip off of several other games, that I've played, will probably drag down my final rating a point or two. But it certainly is a good game and sure is beautiful.
I thought Horizon Zero Dawn was great but i can definitely see where your comparisons come from. I felt the combat style was more improvised then Witcher though.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:36 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I thought Horizon Zero Dawn was great but i can definitely see where your comparisons come from. I felt the combat style was more improvised then Witcher though.
Sure, didn't the Witcher only use a sword? I'm a melee guy myself, so for me that was perfect. In Horizon tho range attacks and laying traps was a necessity to win certain battles and I totally suck at that. I'm really not a stealth kind of gamer as i lack the patience, so preparing before a fight is really not my style. It actually doesn't cross my mind to do so before jumping into the fire. So when I'm in a battle that takes a lot of skills my mind tends to go blank and I can only do hack & slash, which is totally frustrating in this game as you can't upgrade your spear, only everything else.

Actually a have a lot of frustrating issues with this tripple A game that I will mention as soon as I've beaten it. So... to be continued.

Last edited by Angra; 03-25-2017 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:20 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Sure, didn't the Witcher only use a sword? I'm a melee guy myself, so for me that was perfect. In Horizon tho range attacks and laying traps was a necessity to win certain battles and I totally suck at that. I'm really not a stealth kind of gamer as i lack the patience, so preparing before a fight is really not my style. It actually doesn't cross my mind to do so before jumping into the fire. So when I'm in a battle that takes a lot of skills my mind tends to go blank and I can only do hack & slash, which is totally frustrating in this game as you can't upgrade your spear, only everything else.

Actually a have a lot of frustrating issues with this tripple A game that I will mention as soon as I've beaten it. So... to be continued.
I was actually playing Witcher 3 before i played this so the change in fighting was very noticeable to me. I loved the fighting in The Witcher and don't think theres anything wrong with it. In fact i probably had more fun with Witcher. Horizon wins points with its ingenuity plus i enjoy stealth fighting.

I used the traps later on for big battles but sometimes it just felt so tedious and i just wanted to get into the action. I didnt like that you couldnt upgrade your spear either. It made it really frustrating when they would get up close to you and you were basically forced to run away and regroup.

Old 03-26-2017, 03:03 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I was actually playing Witcher 3 before i played this so the change in fighting was very noticeable to me. I loved the fighting in The Witcher and don't think theres anything wrong with it. In fact i probably had more fun with Witcher. Horizon wins points with its ingenuity plus i enjoy stealth fighting.

I used the traps later on for big battles but sometimes it just felt so tedious and i just wanted to get into the action. I didnt like that you couldnt upgrade your spear either. It made it really frustrating when they would get up close to you and you were basically forced to run away and regroup.
After 80 hours of Horizon Zero Dawn I'm still a spastic with range weapons. The birds are pissing me off, cuz there's no other way to deal with them. Auto aim MY ASS!!!
Old 03-26-2017, 06:35 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
After 80 hours of Horizon Zero Dawn I'm still a spastic with range weapons. The birds are pissing me off, cuz there's no other way to deal with them. Auto aim MY ASS!!!
I hated those damn birds

Old 03-26-2017, 06:46 PM
I am the turtle lord

Quote:

"Horizon Zero Dawn" ps4

Is mount and blade a rats game?
Old 03-26-2017, 10:45 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglewitch View Post
Is mount and blade a rats game?
I don't know what a rats game is. I would guess it's not.