Old 01-26-2005, 05:15 PM
I Am Violence

Quote:
Originally posted by Gojira
LOL Hi Friday what Godzilla figure are you talking about that was made in the 80s that has red buttons? Is Godzilla wearing a shirt with buttons or something LOL. The 1980s Godzilla figures that come to mind are a 1985 Imperial Godzilla figure they made a big figure and a 7 inch smaller figure. But I dont remember any red buttons. Does the figure you havegive the name of the company that made it. Was the figure made here in America or some other country. Let me know.
well im not turely sure if there from the 80's but they are more then ten years old and they had a small red button about the size of pin head on each one and when you pushed it it made that monsters roar or sound... i have a lot when i dig um out ill take a pic thenn show you what i mean
Old 01-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
If its around 10 years old I am guessing it was made by Trendmasters. If it was it is probley 6 or 7 inches tall. Trendmasters also made some 10 inch versions as well. Some of these figures had sound. I wouldnt say its worth alot though if it is Trendmasters. The figures that are worth money are Bandai figures and older Bullmark and Popy figures and Marmit and Banpresto figures.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Fulci Lives!

Send a message via AIM to MrShape Send a message via MSN to MrShape Send a message via Yahoo to MrShape
Quote:
Originally posted by Gojira
Hi Mr. Shape the problem with those match up ideas is that the monsters are from diffrent movie companys and I dont think Toho is willing to commit to a co production movie.
Hey, I can dream, can't I? Yeah, none of those'll ever happen, but just the idea of pairing Toho's monsters against Daei's has lots of kaiju fanboy appeal. I figure while were talking Godzilla Vs Gamera . . .

At least Shochiko didn't go through with it's threat to make Guilala Vs Gappa.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Evil Dead

Hi Shape you know what I find very intersting is that back in 1999 Toho studios in a way made their own version of a Gappa vs. Guilala. As you know Guilala is a UFO that somehow comes to life and Gappa well he is a Godzilla wana be. Anyway in 1999 Toho made Godzilla2000 Millennium and the UFO in that movie seemed to have a life of its own. Then later it takes on an Alien form Orga who fights Godzilla. Who knows maybe Toho stole the idea. But I agree as a fan we always would like to see kaiju match ups with other kaijus from other movie companys. We kind of got that in Godzilla Final Wars where Godzilla and Fakezilla 98 duke it out. I would like to see a Godzilla vs. Bagan movie. Right now I am wondering if Daiei will inface start production on a 4th Gamera movie. Last year at G-est 2004 we heard that sometime after Godzilla Final Wars opens Daiei would start to make Gamera 4. If Daiei does make Gamera 4 then it will probley open in december 2005 same time as KingKong here in the USA.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:19 AM
Fulci Lives!

Send a message via AIM to MrShape Send a message via MSN to MrShape Send a message via Yahoo to MrShape
Yeah, I wondered that myself when I saw Millenium. But Orga is a lot less rediculous looking then Guilala! I wouldn't mind seeing the Gappa again, but Guilala I can live without. I missed the last few issues of G-Fan, by Fakezilla I assume you mean the Tri Star monster? I hadn't heard about that, that's weird. I think he'd need a lot of powering up to hold his own against the real Godzilla.

A kaiju battle I'd like to see is Godzilla Vs Varan (there was a story like that in G-Fan a loooonnnng time ago). It's too bad Toho didn't let Kaneko (i think I'm spelling that wrong) update Varan and Anguilas for GMK. Would have been better then the slightly overused King Ghidorah and Mothra, not that I dislike them, but they've been around quite a lot lately, and I'd like to see some of the more obscure beasts that we haven't seen in a while make a comeback. One of the reasons Final Wars has got me excited.:D
Old 01-28-2005, 07:50 AM
Evil Dead

Hi Mr. Shape the reason Varan and Angilas were not used in GMK is because Toho thought Ghidora and Mothra would sell more tickets. They have a point and as far as Godzilla Final Wars maybe you have seen the list of Kaijus that are in the movie. Here they are incase you didnt know
1 Godzilla 2 Gigan 3 Rodan 4 Mothra 5 KingSeesar 6 Hedora 7Manda 8Kumonga 9 Kamakiras 10 Minya 11 Ebira 12 Angilas 13Zilla98 14 MonsterX 15 is KaiserGhidora who is Monster X in a 2nd form. And yes the Tristar 1998 so called Godzilla is in Godzilla Final Wars he dies in 1 minute when Godzilla fights him in Sydeny Australia. The 98 monster is called Zilla in Final Wars as not to confuse fans. If you have seen the movie poster for Godzilla Final Wars it only has 12 Kaijus on the posters the missing Kaijus are Minya and Zilla. I will see what is happening as far as Gamera 4 goes if I find out anything I will post it. I think Toho hired the wrong director for Godzilla Final Wars they should have gone with Shusuke Kaneko.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Fulci Lives!

I heard about most of those. Aside from Deanzilla, King Seaser was a surprise. I wonder if he's still going to look like big floppy eared dog? It's good to see Gigan back. Seems the fans either love him or hate him. I still enjoy Godzilla On Monster Island (it was one of the earliest Gfilms I saw as a child, Destroy All Mosnters was the first) so its a pleasure to see ol'hook hands back in action.

I still wanna see Varan updated.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Evil Dead

Gigan looks very cool in Godzilla Final Wars with new blade like hands instead of hooks. I have the Godzilla Final Wars Bandai figures and they look pretty cool I would say Gigan looks the best again. I am not much of a fan of the 70s Godzilla movies. The idea of Godzilla being a heore type monster and not really feared is more like Gamera. The best Gamera movies I have seen are the new ones Kaneko directed than again Gamera seems more like a monster than a kiddie monster. When it comes to Godzilla movie posters of the 1970s the 2 best Japanese posters are Godzilla vs. Gigan and Terror of MechaGodzilla imo.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:41 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be