Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Walking Meatloaf

Evil Dead (2013) remake

Gruesome and scary. the original was a kick ass 80s horror classic follow by 2 sequels and 3 video games. the remake not to bad could become as one of my number # 1 horror faves. Though may-be a sequel which I figure that much. Sense the evil dead franchise is still popular. which the remake ended surprisingly different then I imagine. But I wont go into details just incase some may not have seen the film yet. But when the sequel is made I hope it is as good as the original sequel.

"Hail to the King Baby. Ash, Army of Darkness"
Old 08-04-2013, 11:07 AM
For Vendetta

My kid loved the minions.

Recommended.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:40 AM
For Vendetta

Semi-decent follow-up, leading up directly from the events of the original 70s classic. Some good gorific scenes, but overall below average and riddled with plot-holes galore. Watch if only you are a die-hard TCM fan and a completist.

Oh, one more thing, Alexandra Daddario has a nice set.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Scares Little Kids

Wishcraft cheesy but entertaining.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Walking Meatloaf

Evil Dead - the 2013 remake again.

What can I say .. I'm a sucker for a good remake terror. ;)

"Hail to the King Baby. Ash, Army of Darkness"
Old 08-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
Watched The Bay earlier today, for the first time. I enjoyed it, and I'm biased against the "found footage" style. The sad thing is that I can totally see something like this happening.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:56 AM
HDC's old chick

Flight with Denzel Washington

Excellent movie! I always enjoy watching Denzel Washington, he brought his "A" game to this role.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Evil Dead

It been a while since I posted here!

This is so-what long post sorry! lol

Grabbers (2012)

I did this over today, I saw half yesterday and saw the rest of today, Maybe it's moie I need to watch in my sitting.

I thought there were some funny moments in this movie and some decent jokes here and there.

I liked the creature not bad but it didn't really all that fun,

Other creatures like Tremors it a lot of fun, this movie did not have the same impact as that at all.

I thought this would be much better then it was and I was hoping it to be a bit more funny then it was.

5 out of 10 now

Fairytale (2012/I)

This is odd one, I thought it some really good ideas in this movie,

I loved some of scenes in this movie, it there really well made but they didn't seem to have that Creepy feeling to see,

I thought the plot was really good and the movie didn't flow that well, it felt some scenes in the movie felt bit strange in bad way.

I actually liked the last scenes in this movie and I would have it a bit chilling then it was but that could have been a really good chilling moment,

Another probable with this movie was some of the acting was really Wooden at times in this movie but some scenes there was decent acted scenes.

Not great movie but worth watching a least once 4 out of 10

Chernobyl Diaries (2012)

I felt that this movie started of little slow, it took me a while to get into the movie, there few scenes that seem really little boring and drag a tittle.

just before half way mark , I got a bit intruded by it but Never really into the movie and I found boring but watch able and I thought the movie would have a lot more better then it was.

I didn't' like this in the whole but I really dig the last scenes in the movie, that what decent jump scenes.

The acting was not bad at all, it decent from the whole cast but I was little disappointed that the deaths were mostly off screen.

4 out of 10

Dark Circles (2013)

I really enjoyed this movie, it started of with bang and some bizarre scene in this movie in good way and they making feel very unsettling.

Couple just had new born baby, as they didn't want to raise the Baby in new york, so they to place when its less noise.

They moved to house and with their new born baby but baby dose sleep at night all, they seem to feel a sleepy a lot tiny.

What liked about this movie both of them see things as one time or another but they put down to not having enough sleep.

There were really good chilling moment in this movie and that made feel a little tense, they some really good scarce scenes in this movie what work, may make you jump.

I also liked how Paul Soter still keep the creepy thought out the whole movies, even nothing is hap ping in those scenes.

This was Paul Soter first horror movie but it not great but it was above average for me..

The acting was outstanding from everyone in this movie and Baby is cute! 7 out of 10

The Apparition (2012)

Not really sure what to make of this movie, It was kind of waste of time really, it was really all that creepy or that scary.

There were some strange scenes in this movie, that didn't make sense at times but I didn't really fully get what was going on.

I thought opening scenes was decent But that was the good part of the movie for me and acting was really poor and over the top in some scenes .

it was kind of boring and a some-what- predicable.

3 out of 10

Playback (2012)

This was not as thought it would be but it not all the great either.

I really liked the opening scenes in this movie, it kinds grabs you really fast but it shame next 20 minutes which I thought the movies was moving a little slow at times.

I liked the plot the movies, It bit like ring in so-what different way and I did enjoy some of death scenes in this movie.

What did annoy me the most about this movie, there are far to many of the flashing scenes in this movie, which may give some people Headache

I did not find the movie boring at all, it get intruded thoughout the whole movie.

The acting was not all great from most cast then were some decent well know actors in this movie.

I going to give this movie 4 out of 10 Worth watching!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Evil Dead

Stitches (2012)

This movie is a British/Irish horror/Comedy movie

There were not much horror in this movie, this movie as some very funny moment with a lot of gore in this movie.

Stitche arrives late at Tom’s birthday, and attempts to entertain the children, but they instead ridicule him. Vinny ties Stitches shoelaces together, causing him to trip and land on a kitchen knife, and he dies. Tom visits Stitches’ grave and finds a group of clowns performing a ritual, and the group's leader, The Motley, threatens Tom.

Six years later, Tom is preparing for his seventeenth birthday and the same night Stitche arrives back from the dead.

This did have some really good decent jokes here and there, maybe laugh and now, I do think some ones jokes, were little over the top.

I loved over the top gory death scenes in this movie, really creative and also some of funniest deaths scenes I ever seen.

The acting could have been at a lot better and there movie jokes could be a lot funny,

The acting was okay for this kind of movie, not great but more then watch able acting.

The movie is very enjoyable fun and never gets boring at all but ending was predictable.

I would liked to rated this higher but the ones scene, which I did not find that funny at and scenes it self wasn't really write.

5 out of 10

ATM (2012)

I thought this was really decent movies and I thought the movies flowed really well , there was one good tense moment in the movies.

I didn't find this movie as intense as others movies that some kind of Same plot, it was very credible movie.

I wasn't to keen as the movies came to the end at all and I wished there explained ending a bit to why was person killing in first place.

The acting was really good from the small cast

5 out of 10

Madhouse (2004)

I loved the opening scene of this movies, it was very well made, it had some very stranger and it felt very surreal.

So the movies had it from the very first scenes and I really enjoyed the rest of the movie.

I found the whole movie flowed really well, well it wasn't fast or slow, it was not boring at at

I have some part of the movie very creepy and some tense moment in this movies, Which I thought were really good.

I really liked how they did the twist, you may see it coming but it done really well and I liked the very last scenes of the movie,

The deaths scenes were not that bad but I did not liked the affect some of death scenes were from screen.

The acting was really good from the whole cast

8 out of 10

The Haunting of Sarah Hardy (1989)

It sound like really good ghost with that title, this movie it not even close to A Ghost story at all.

Them movies start Sarah at her Dad funeral and mother at the wake think Sarah wished it was her, so she killed her self by drowning.

Few years later she moves in with her New Husband back into the house but she start losing the plot.

No really spook or any kind atmosphere scene at all and it takes a while to get really in the movies, I which found some part dragged and bored me to death,

The twist and turns in this movie were so Predicable that it was Ridicules, just like the script.

I don't get me started on atrocious ending of this dreadful movie,

There only one good think I can say about this movie, that some of Acting was decent but some of it was really bland

2 out of 10

The Haunting of Seacliff Inn (1994)

I find this bit silly, a couple who see house that they liked but old lady still there, that night the lady is killed and is found the next day.

So they get House that quick and they want to make in a Hotel thing. Few odd thing happen at times but there to far part and that really that effecting at all and it kind of drag in some part of the movie.

Which dose make a bit boring at times and there near the last 15-20 minutes thing start to kick off again and They tried to turn a very slow movie in to a very pace movie for few minutes,

which I Don't think flowed that well with the rest of the movie at all

It was not that scary or creepy at all, it was Ghost story one or two spooky moment that really.

3 out of 10

The Haunting of Helen Walker (1995)

Now this what you call a good chiller, I really enjoyed it, it dose take long to get to the creepy parts, they worked really well.

There are to far apart from each other and they not just there for one Jump scenes, you see this ghost for more then 20's seconds.

I loved the Raining window scenes was really well shot and very creepy how movie was fixed on that the whole time,

The Kid in this movie was creepy but I think they were a little to cute to laugh like that.

I really enjoyed this movie, I know it updated version Turn of the Screw (There are few of these out there)

The acting was outstanding from the whole cast and Kids were great too

I going to give this movie 8 out of 10

THE CONJURING (2013)

I didn't let those rave reviews get to me and I didn't get my hope up like I did last year with Sinister , which I thought trailer was great but the movie was HUGE let down and found the movie very boring and dull and not creepy or at all scary, other part of the movie that really annoyed me and I fell sleep in some scenes

So that is the reason I didn't get hope up to much for this year Horror movie THE CONJURING (2013) , First of all the trailer did make this look it was going to full of those scary jumps scene that don't last for then one two seconds and I do think they showed a little to much in the trailer.

I clad I didn't get my hope up to high for this movie, it was really good horror movie, it dose not any new ground that not already seen.

Saying that I did really enjoy the whole movie, I found that did prefer the first half of the movie, where the strange thing started to happen to each member of the family.

There were some really good decent creepy scenes in the movie that lasted much longer then those 2 seconds jump scarce you normal see in horror movie these days.

Other think I liked about this movie they didn't really try to make you jump at all they wanted to creepy you and keep you clued to the screen the on time.

I wasn't to keen on last half hour of the movie, it cause it seen those scenes done many times in the recent years, it get a bit boring and very predicable however the scenes it was not boring
which is a really good thing.

I was hoping for more of aftermath of the thing that just happened but it ended a bit soon after the story came to a end.

I didn't get what last scenes about could not make What I meant to be seeing!

it was very good and very creepy horror! (Another really good horror movie from 2013)

7 out of 10

Today
Fright Night Part 2 (1988)

I don't think sequel was really needed. it didn't really add anything to the series at all.

I liked the first movie series very much, one few vamp movies that I actually like,

I thought the movie started of a little slow, I bored about the whole , I didn't really like how the movie started off.

After the 40 min mark, movie start get going, thing start to REAL happen, a lot action scenes in this movie.

I didn't find this movie that funny at all, I don't think I laughed once or even smiled

Some the effects were not as good or as fun as the first movie but still better then some of effect with get horror movies these days.

The acting was good but the plot could have be a lot better, I yet to Remake and upcoming sequel to this remake. (I don't think it be as good as the first movie)

5 out of 10
Old 08-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Evil is Better

The Conjuring

Really freaky and entertaining but a lot is thrown at you quickly and left unresolved and the story is nothing new. I found it a lot better then some of the other horror releases this year though and recommend if you're looking for a fun, spooky, ghost movie.

Tags
movie