Old 11-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
The Child's Eye (2010)

A very lame film from Pang Brothers (The Eye, Re-Cycle).

>>: C-
Certainly compared to this one that you just mentioned Godzilla was great. I'd say that by itself, the godzilla movies of the sixties is not only an epic classic but a great inspiration for writers like myself.

The remake of the movie however the recent one, blows you away when you compare the two but the classic one and the recent one. The sixties outfits and the sixties japanese drama was enough to make an impression on me(the looks on the actors faces.)
Old 11-02-2011, 12:40 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandnnll View Post
Certainly compared to this one that you just mentioned Godzilla was great. I'd say that by itself, the godzilla movies of the sixties is not only an epic classic but a great inspiration for writers like myself.

The remake of the movie however the recent one, blows you away when you compare the two but the classic one and the recent one. The sixties outfits and the sixties japanese drama was enough to make an impression on me(the looks on the actors faces.)
You MUST be quoting the wrong post??
Old 11-02-2011, 12:41 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
The Child's Eye (2010)

A very lame film from Pang Brothers (The Eye, Re-Cycle).

>>: C-
Sounds like Shimizus Shock Labyrinth.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:32 PM
From The Beyond

Phone-ok it had a decent back story but as well as irritating the hell out of you with the constant ringing phones in the first half it is also frankly not very exciting-maybe I expected too much from this but I wasn't impressed.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:01 AM
Fan of B-Flicks

if yer talking all asian cinema, the last film i watched was 'i'm a cyborg, so what?'. if jes horror, i watched meatball machine about a week ago. i... think it was horror. it was like live-action anime. there's prolly a word for the genre, but i'm not aware of it. like... machine girl. or hard revenge milly. or frankenstein girl versus vampire girl. or tokyo gore police. man i love those movies.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Guinea Pig: Devil's Experiment & Flower of Flesh and Blood (1985)

Pointless showcase of torture & gore. The 2nd one at least got a some sort of story but the first one was weird, just weird.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:19 AM
From The Beyond

Pulse(Kairo)-finally saw this and was well impressed-hugely atmospheric and maintains it's mystique right through to the end with a lot for your brain to chew on. Recommended.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Tokaido Yotsuya kaidan aka The Ghost Story of Yotsuya (1959)

Based on Yotsuya Kaidan, the most famous Japanese folk tale or Kaidan of all time, this wonderfully creepy gem of Gothic J-Horror cinema was directed by Nobuo Nakagawa (the maker of 1960 masterpiece Jigoku aka The Sinners of Hell). Considering its time of release, it was surely quite unbelievably creepy & gory for the audience back at that time. Along with great Nakagawa's fantastic style of film making where we can see Bava like continuously changing colorful screens & brilliant use of lights & shadows, this film also comes with some awesomely creepy set pieces, i.e. freaking ghosts rising from the ground or peering down from the ceiling!

Like its more than hundred years old original story (which mainly written as a Kabuki play), the film is mostly filled with typical Asian melodrama where characters grows in the 1st half but 2nd half strikes with violence & ghostly encounters.

Overall, a must see for the fans of Gothic horror & J-Horror.

Although the story has been adapted to film many times in Japan but this is generally considered the finest screen adaptation of the story as well as Nakagawa is considered to have been Japan's first great horror film director. Besides having provided his critically acclaimed Jigoku and this best version of the Yotsuya ghost story, he also directed Kaiden hebi-onna (Ghost Story of a Snake Woman, 1961), Onna kyuketsuki (Lady Vampire, 1959), Kaidan Kasane-ga-fuchi (The Ghost of Kasane,1957) & Borei kaibyo yashiki (Black Cat Mansion, 1958)....Damn! These all movies have now become hard-to-find films in most of the parts of the world & also in the torrent sites. Acclaimed video-distribution companies like Criterion or Blue Underground very much need to release A complete Nakagawa Horror Collection asap, IMO.

>>: A-

Kyofu aka The Sylvian Experiments (2010)

A pretty slow and uninspired J-Horror, don't bother.

>>: C

Last edited by roshiq; 11-19-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:47 PM
HDC Idol

The Red Shoes (2005)

I remember thinking this was a pretty decent little Korean horror flick the first time I saw it... Tried watching it again the other week and just found it boooooooooooring.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Evil is Better

Battle Royale

Holy shit this was awesome. The action, the great individual characters and all the different stories really make this a fun exciting watch. I can't believe it's taken me this long to see it.