Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
This is some of the worst news I have heard in a really long time. I talked to Kathy a handful of times over the phone and she always seemed happy. This is so shocking and my condolences go out to all of her loved ones. I am really at a loss for words.

Rest in Peace, Kathy. You will truly be missed.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:46 AM
The3rd

Kathy’s life that I knew and like to remember ….

While I knew Kathy enjoyed coming here I did not know she had so many good friends here. I had not come here before her death as I respected her personal privacy and only share her life because of the respect you all have shown for her in your posts.

Kathy worked and was a trusted employee at Fair Isaac for more than 10 years. She had nothing to do with credit reports but worked at the internal help desk and later in the UNIX environment with data transfers and other behind the scenes things that keep a company running, she was often on call before being laid off. She had many good friends from work that loved and respected her.

Kathy loved to cook for herself and others, she had a gigantic collection of cook books that she used for reference in making food from scratch. A friend of hers gave her an eastern spice collection that that she enjoyed with many different recipes. She wore out a food processor often making Pesto from Basil we grew under florescent lights. Once a batch of beef jerky she came up with tasted odd and burnt to us, a friend came over and loved it so much he ate the whole batch and often asked about more. Her yearly favorite was pumpkin seeds she would make fresh with different spices while she carved the pumpkins faces. Kathy enjoyed decorating for the holidays.

Kathy was a music and film buff with a wide range of tastes. She loved horror films and Winnie the Pooh, the later because he was always cheerful and loveable. Her most watched horror movie was The Devil’s Rejects, it’ main actor Bill Moseley in long hair was her favorite. One of her happiest moments in the past few years was meeting Bill Moseley in person and spending time talking with him, she was as shy and giddy as a school girl on a first date with her crush. Before I got to know Kathy well she traveled to many Grateful Dead concerts with friends to watch the band perform. Kathy had taken up playing a hammer dulcimer during the past year, something she always wanted to do.

Kathy was pro 2nd amendment and loved to target shoot, she was familiar with many exotic types of guns. She was a very good shot and found it extremely relaxing. A good friend of hers once handed her a Desert Eagle magnum at the range to try, she fired one shot and to his surprise asked if she could fire the rest. She kept a Glock 9mm at it’s ready in her home for whatever may come along. She believed people should have the right to do as they pleased as long as it did not harm others or infringe on their rights. She did not like government or others intrusions into people’s private lives.

Kathy and I traveled to island of Saint John several times where we have many colorful friends. One of them known to locals as Mean Jean became her good friend and they talked or e-mail many times over the years. She loved the fresh sea food, swimming in the ocean and relaxing with our island friends. She often day dreamed about leaving everything behind and moving there to work as a bartender or chef.

Kathy loved her family members and talked often with many on the phone, from Hawaii to the submarine cowboy out west she loved to hear from them. She always shared her mothers and fathers yearly news letter with me looking forward to spending thanksgiving and Christmas at her brother home with her mother, father, sister in law, their two kids and me. She derived great pleasure Christmas shopping for them and others, spending her time to find the perfect gift. Kathy had an older sister whom she loved and talked with but did not share much with me. The only time I met Kathy’s sister and her close friend was on the drive to and from Elysian Minnesota for her mother’s burial.

Kathy loved and had large and small animals of all types during her life. She found joy in caring for them and seeing to their unique needs. I never knew a Chinchilla needed a bath in volcanic ash as part of its care before I met her. Cleo was a dog from her younger years that she often brought up with much fondness in conversions. Another dog before my time that I believe was named Gypsy was buried in a pet cemetery and Kathy would visit her grave and light a candle each year. Solo is Kathy’s dog, he is a 3 year old Bichon Frise. They are an extremely smart, merry and cheerful dog. She left him with me when she entered the hospital, he is loved and will be cared for as she would have wished.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:34 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Sounds like she was a great person, which makes this all the more hard for us to take in. This is what I found from the Obituary

"
Kathleen A. Sullivan

Beloved Sister And Aunt Age 47 Preceded in death by Parents, Donna and Rolland. Survived by Brother David (Karol), Sister Barbara (Ron), Nephew Justin and Niece Kelsey. Special Friend Riley. Memorial Service Thursday December 10, 2009 11:00 AM SOUTH SHORE TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH 2480 South Shore Blvd. White Bear Lake. Visitation 1 hour before Service at Church. 651-429-6172"

The Ferrets like it...
Old 12-06-2009, 03:35 AM
No charge for awesomeness

The obit was in today's St. Paul paper.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/twi...&pid=136939741

Thanks The3rd for sharing info and details. RIP Kathy. Far too young to go.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:16 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by The3rd View Post
While I knew Kathy enjoyed coming here I did not know she had so many good friends here. I had not come here before her death as I respected her personal privacy and only share her life because of the respect you all have shown for her in your posts.

Kathy worked and was a trusted employee at Fair Isaac for more than 10 years. She had nothing to do with credit reports but worked at the internal help desk and later in the UNIX environment with data transfers and other behind the scenes things that keep a company running, she was often on call before being laid off. She had many good friends from work that loved and respected her.

Kathy loved to cook for herself and others, she had a gigantic collection of cook books that she used for reference in making food from scratch. A friend of hers gave her an eastern spice collection that that she enjoyed with many different recipes. She wore out a food processor often making Pesto from Basil we grew under florescent lights. Once a batch of beef jerky she came up with tasted odd and burnt to us, a friend came over and loved it so much he ate the whole batch and often asked about more. Her yearly favorite was pumpkin seeds she would make fresh with different spices while she carved the pumpkins faces. Kathy enjoyed decorating for the holidays.

Kathy was a music and film buff with a wide range of tastes. She loved horror films and Winnie the Pooh, the later because he was always cheerful and loveable. Her most watched horror movie was The Devil’s Rejects, it’ main actor Bill Moseley in long hair was her favorite. One of her happiest moments in the past few years was meeting Bill Moseley in person and spending time talking with him, she was as shy and giddy as a school girl on a first date with her crush. Before I got to know Kathy well she traveled to many Grateful Dead concerts with friends to watch the band perform. Kathy had taken up playing a hammer dulcimer during the past year, something she always wanted to do.

Kathy was pro 2nd amendment and loved to target shoot, she was familiar with many exotic types of guns. She was a very good shot and found it extremely relaxing. A good friend of hers once handed her a Desert Eagle magnum at the range to try, she fired one shot and to his surprise asked if she could fire the rest. She kept a Glock 9mm at it’s ready in her home for whatever may come along. She believed people should have the right to do as they pleased as long as it did not harm others or infringe on their rights. She did not like government or others intrusions into people’s private lives.

Kathy and I traveled to island of Saint John several times where we have many colorful friends. One of them known to locals as Mean Jean became her good friend and they talked or e-mail many times over the years. She loved the fresh sea food, swimming in the ocean and relaxing with our island friends. She often day dreamed about leaving everything behind and moving there to work as a bartender or chef.

Kathy loved her family members and talked often with many on the phone, from Hawaii to the submarine cowboy out west she loved to hear from them. She always shared her mothers and fathers yearly news letter with me looking forward to spending thanksgiving and Christmas at her brother home with her mother, father, sister in law, their two kids and me. She derived great pleasure Christmas shopping for them and others, spending her time to find the perfect gift. Kathy had an older sister whom she loved and talked with but did not share much with me. The only time I met Kathy’s sister and her close friend was on the drive to and from Elysian Minnesota for her mother’s burial.

Kathy loved and had large and small animals of all types during her life. She found joy in caring for them and seeing to their unique needs. I never knew a Chinchilla needed a bath in volcanic ash as part of its care before I met her. Cleo was a dog from her younger years that she often brought up with much fondness in conversions. Another dog before my time that I believe was named Gypsy was buried in a pet cemetery and Kathy would visit her grave and light a candle each year. Solo is Kathy’s dog, he is a 3 year old Bichon Frise. They are an extremely smart, merry and cheerful dog. She left him with me when she entered the hospital, he is loved and will be cared for as she would have wished.
Thanks man. Thank you for the enlightenment.

I'm very sorry for your loss.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:39 PM
whatever gets you through

Deeply saddened by this news. Rest in Peace dear Mona Lisa
Old 12-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Banned

Thanks for sharing, Riley.

and take care of Solo.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:21 PM
My fucking sunblock blows

This is terrible news....I really need to pop in here more often. Monalisa/Kathy was a great gal, truly caring....she sent me a PM months ago when she noticed my signature changed to "Finally found my Ingrid Pitt look alike".
She wanted to know all of the details and when I told her that I had gotten married she was truly happy and excited for me. She and newb were the only two who knew about it. She always had a kind word in her PM's........

I will miss her :(

@ Riley, thanks for the info....you take damn good care of Solo!!! :)

The Termin00ber!!!!!!!!!! :cool:
Old 12-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
RIP Kathy, it was always fun talking about Zelda on MSN with you, and other cheesy things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 01-03-2010, 03:52 AM
She's under the stairs

Sorry to hear this news, twhile I was great buds with monalisa she was a good contributor to the forum and it is a sad loss for H.D.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha