Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-16-2006, 06:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
Seemed to be the thing to do at the time. No one cried sell out when Soundgarden did the same thing on Superunknown (first album I guess for the majority of people that are still their fans - so no one noticed the change). Great heavy bands turning into adult contempory rock I couldn't believe it at the time.

blame Nirvana :p

seriously - they are in a large part responsible for bridging the gap between 'alternative' and mainstream music.
there isnt such thing as alternative anymore.
I know thats a shitty label people hate but 20 years ago there was a definate division between top 30 rock and alt-rock... and radio stations played one or the other.

Nirvana became bigger than the flavour of the week .. they became the bad boy media darlings and made alt rock financially viable .. thus completely and forever melting the line between the 2 music factions.

there are still 2 main types of music radio .. dance stations - and everything else. (dance has become the new top 30)

Nirvana didnt do this on their own of course - but intentionally or not - they were the spearhead.
maybe this is why Kurt couldnt live with himself.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Misanthrope

Music eventually slips into the mainstream. I think the big issue here is bands not keeping their integrity.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
Music eventually slips into the mainstream. I think the big issue here is bands not keeping their integrity.
Well the thing is Metallica can't be expected to get older and keep making a Kill Em All album after album -- their music tastes and direction will "grow"... however, I just didn't care for the direction they were growing into... I think that's how a lot of people feel and it's not so much about the integrity thing, it's just been easier to dismiss it that way. ah well... I lost interest after And Justice For All. Hammett is the only dude from that band I'd want to be sat next to on a long plane trip.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:59 AM

Re: Metallica

Quote:
Originally posted by sabersword
LONG LIVE METALLICA!!! LONG LIVE ST.ANGER!!! May you all be boilled in your own blood and black bile!
St. Anger Blows:)
Old 03-20-2006, 07:36 AM
Evil Puppy

I felt Black was a great album but like others said it was Metallica's last. IMO there are more than a few good songs and I don't mind listening to it and knowng that it will be the last album from Metallica I had ever bought.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Living Dead

Send a message via AIM to Evisē
Fuck the black album

Get Kill 'Em All instead. You won't regret it.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:25 PM

Metallica is mad but there movie was shit
Old 03-22-2006, 01:51 PM
a people person

this has been said a thousand times but the black album was indeed the begining of the downward spiral of mettalica's song writing tallent.

but did anyone see them play iron man at the rock and roll hall of fame. imo it wasnt half bad.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Living Dead

Send a message via AIM to Evisē
Quote:
Originally posted by last bad move
this has been said a thousand times but the black album was indeed the begining of the downward spiral of mettalica's song writing tallent.

but did anyone see them play iron man at the rock and roll hall of fame. imo it wasnt half bad.
They're never bad live. What's bad is everything they've released after the black album.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally posted by sinistar
Well the thing is Metallica can't be expected to get older and keep making a Kill Em All album after album -- their music tastes and direction will "grow"... however, I just didn't care for the direction they were growing into... I think that's how a lot of people feel and it's not so much about the integrity thing, it's just been easier to dismiss it that way. ah well... I lost interest after And Justice For All. Hammett is the only dude from that band I'd want to be sat next to on a long plane trip.
Id give him a guitar lesson

hehe

www.indighost.com