Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Miss Cleo! Call now!!

Send a message via AIM to thepsychicfetus
Quote:
Originally posted by Gojira
Hi the Psychicfetus excuse me while I Laugh LOL LOL LOl I have no idea where you heard Tod Browning did a magic trick where he was burried alive 6 ft under ground for 24 hours. LOL Not even Harry Houdini did that and he had planned on doing it before he died in 1926. Every Escapeartist and Magican who has tried to be burried alive died or failed while trying it. Who ever told you that Browning did this is full of it. I know Browning did not do this because I am a Magican and I know Magic History. If you want to talk Magicians and Horror better start with former French Magican Georges Melies who made the very 1st Horror movie in 1896 titled The Devils Castle.
wow, you are incredibly retarded. i read it in a biography about browning for one. it wasnt an actual "magic" trick because there was a system breathing tubes set up for him to breathe with. he also had water and malted milk balls hidden for him to live off of for those 24 hours. now before you go making assumptions and say that im "wrong and full of it" why dont you go read a book about it. its all there. and are you trying to impress me by saying that youre a "magician", and just because you are you know everything about every other magician in history. fucking nOOb.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:38 PM
BMXICAN

Quote:
Originally posted by Gojira
Hi the Psychicfetus excuse me while I Laugh LOL LOL LOl I have no idea where you heard Tod Browning did a magic trick where he was burried alive 6 ft under ground for 24 hours. LOL Not even Harry Houdini did that and he had planned on doing it before he died in 1926. Every Escapeartist and Magican who has tried to be burried alive died or failed while trying it. Who ever told you that Browning did this is full of it. I know Browning did not do this because I am a Magican and I know Magic History. If you want to talk Magicians and Horror better start with former French Magican Georges Melies who made the very 1st Horror movie in 1896 titled The Devils Castle.

Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn't scare the F--- out of everybody!
-Sam Kinison
Old 01-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
Hey Psychicfetus what is the name of the book that says Tod Browning did this breathing underground stunt or underwater stunt. I would like to read the book myself. Maybe someone got their facts wrong. Btw I have been a fan of horror movies for 38 years and I like Horror movie history and I am a member of the International Brotherhood of Magicans IBM and I am a member od the Society of American Magicans SAM. I also pretty much know the history of Magic as well.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
I think this is about the 30th thread about Freaks.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:14 AM
Fear scented candle

Freaks

I saw this a couple of months ago. it was actually a decent little movie, not that it really qualifies as horror. Great twist ending, though.

I have to say that the Pinheads were the most disturbing people to see in the movie... with the exception of the torso guy running at the end, and the limbless man crawling with a knife in his mouth... Has anyone else seen this?
Old 02-09-2005, 06:18 AM
Backyard Waterfall

This is a bizarre, bizzare, totally strange movie. One of those things I think everyone ought to see once, at least.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:19 AM
Fear scented candle

I agree completely. Bragging rights alone are worth it.

i was impressed that it portrayed them as people. they were only scary at the end, pretty much like anyone would be if they were ganging up to mutilate someone.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:20 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
I've heard of this, my dad said he saw it when he was young. Old movie. 1932

Click for B-Movie reviews!

Last edited by The Mothman; 02-09-2005 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Evil Dead

Keep in mind, that in the 1930's this movie was considered a bonifide real horror movie. Things were much tamer back then and "freaks" were something that most people didn't see except for the daring ones in a tent during a circus.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Hellraiser

I have this one on DVD. Actually, the documentary that's included in the "special features" section is better than the movie. Lots of cool stuff. An actual "Bearded Lady" even gives some commentary. There's lots of insight into the making of the film and background info on all the stars.

Like someone said in the documentary, it's not exactly a GREAT film but a somewhat IMPORTANT one. Important to the horror industry that is.