Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-15-2009, 02:57 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post
The Hurt Locker
What'd you think?
Old 12-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
Have you seen Bronson - he was a brit criminal who changed his name to Charles Bronson. They made a film about him last year. He has a similar (over the top) character like Chopper.

I loved the story Chopper told in one of his books about his Day fighting with the guy next door for not feeding his dog as it looked skinny and under nourished. It turned out it was a greyhound...
I've got a copy of Bronson in my to watch pile. Might give it a spin tonight. I loved the Pusher films so I've been looking forward to checking it out.

:D that shit about the greyhound is classic! I'd love to see another Chopper film but I don't see it happening.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Cranky

Badlanders

A really awful low budget post-apocalyptic sci-fi/fantasy played for camp.

The script is bad.
The dialogue is bad.
The special effects are bad.
The fight choreography is bad.
The acting is awful.

It fails on every level.
No, it wasn't "fun."

Jump cuts, plot holes, logical errors, slack editing... just everything wrong there could be.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 12-16-2009, 03:32 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Harrowing documentary that about the often ignored Third Reich's vicious persecution of male homosexuals during World War II. The title comes from an arcane, 1871 German statute making sodomy punishable by incarceration (with the ultimate goal to eradicate gays completely). Only a handful of survivors -- now frail and withered -- remain to recount their traumatic tales in this poignant film.

One of the saddest things, About it was long after the war and many of these men were still getting prosecuted under Paragraph 175, right into the 50s+60s...
Old 12-16-2009, 06:15 AM
Horrorshow1

Martyrs is the one of most disturbing movies ever made,

watch the scary scenes here in HD !

http://www.youtube.com/user/Thegroundissour
Old 12-16-2009, 06:34 AM
Bad Natured

Feast 3: The Happy Finish (2009). For those of you that hated the second instalment you will probably hate this one as well. i found it to be a little better than the second, but that there was no dearth of breasts flapping in the wind may have helped. This one was made to be predominantly funny, and it worked for me. The end was a bit difficult to watch, being 10 minutes or so of strobe light violence. Fun new characters come and go with reckless abandon. The end was absolutely hilarious and unfair, just what ya'd expect from the end of this goofy trilogy. Ashe.
derek

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Fangirl.

Last night I watched Salvage, Bloody Mary and Mortuary.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:13 PM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death
Zombieland
Old 12-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Midnight toker

Currently trying to fight off a cold so had to stick to something I knew I'd enjoy.

Fright Night- Quality film. Could easily be dismissed as just another teen horror but its loaded with superb characters and sophisticated script and direction from Tom Holland. Roddy McDowall is superb as Peter Vincent and brings an unbelivable depth to the character and is well supported by the rest of the cast. So much of this movie is delivered with a sly wink, walking the line between Horror and Comedy perfectly. Throw in some 'proper' special effects and you really can't go wrong. Everytime I've finished watching this movie I want to rewind it and watch it again.

Fright Night II- By the numbers sequel which is far from perfect. The vampire slaying duo of Charley Brewster & Peter Vincent return which makes this film worth the watch but it falls short of the standards set by the first film. Still decent value entertainment as Ragsdale and McDowall form a great team.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:45 AM
Misanthrope

Bronson

Enjoyed it a lot. More quirky in style than the Pusher films but it worked really well. Should've watched it ages ago cheers for the reminder Ferox!