Old 12-29-2015, 07:43 PM
Scholar

The Legend of Hell House (1973)

I watched Legend of Hell House on Netflix twice. It was into horror growing up, but after I started working my love for Horror movies got sidelined for long hours and moving up. One day I was flipping through Netflix selections and I saw Legend of Hell House. Within minutes of the movie starting, I felt my old passion for horror reignite.

Now its not the best horror movie out there, but it got me back into the genre.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:28 PM
Penthouse Pauper

I really enjoyed The Legend of Hell House. Haven't seen it in ages though, I didn't know it was on netflix.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:11 AM
Horror > Everything

Love that flick. Great cast to say the least, led by Roddy McDowell. You guys ever read the book? If you want more detail about Belasco's backstory its a must read.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:41 AM
Evil Dead

This is a great movie and actually i just bought it a few days ago,still not arrived yet but at just over £2.50 i aint complaining.Very atmospheric with a haunting soundtrack it is well worth a watch.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:49 PM
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Love that flick. Great cast to say the least, led by Roddy McDowell. You guys ever read the book? If you want more detail about Belasco's backstory its a must read.
I don't know if I will ever get a chance to read it, but I will begin looking for the book.

I really enjoyed the movie. Belasco being a shriveled little dwarf of a man took me by surprise.

Last edited by Chevalier; 12-30-2015 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:56 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Love the movie to bits - the book is pretty and the back story makes it a bit nastier than the film. Richard Matheson obviously took a lot of ideas and inspiration from The Haunting of Hill House.
Old 12-31-2015, 07:10 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
Love the movie to bits - the book is pretty and the back story makes it a bit nastier than the film. Richard Matheson obviously took a lot of ideas and inspiration from The Haunting of Hill House.
No doubt, the books contents add a little spice to rewatciing the movie, which I've done about fifty times.

Also agree with you on it being influenced by Jacksons seminal work. HOHH is one of horror lits most influential books, ...and the movie version is pretty damn good too.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:07 AM
Scholar

I rewatched it a third time yesterday. Usually I watch a movie as I work, so I'm only partially paying attention. After watching it thoroughly, I'm going to say that it is a good movie, and it's up there on my list. The atmosphere, the suspense and the way the characters all partially responsible for their demise add to the movie.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:14 AM
Evil Dead

My copy arrived yesterday and i watched it last night.Every bit as good i i remembered.Brilliant atmosphere and the soundtrack is stunning,eerie and unsettling as a good horror movie should be.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:05 AM
Evil Dead

Really enjoyed this back when and still think it's very good. Read the Matheson book and certainly liked it, but didn't grab me like most of his work does.
Roddy McDowell is wonderful in here and nice cameo by Michael Gough