Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
March 30, 2008 - John Carpenter has revealed to Fangoria Radio that, despite earlier reports, he has not yet signed on to direct the scary anthology L.A. GOTHIC.

“I’m not sure L.A. GOTHIC will be my next film,” he told them. “They have not made a deal with me. There are other projects I’m interested in doing as well.”

Seems like our Sean has hit a bump...:(
Just spin I'm sure, Keller's movie will surely be Carpenter's next... I hope. In my opinion Carpenter really needs a good script to get him back in the game as a few of his more recent projects have been less than stellar.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
I hope things can be ironed out for Sean's sake.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:00 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

it's part of Hollywood. He's attached to direct. It takes quite a bit of time and effort to get the moeny in place when funding a film independently. Not a huge deal, it'll all work out.

He said "not sure" GOTHIC was next for him, not that he isn't doing the film.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon

Last edited by Roderick Usher; 04-01-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:39 AM
For Vendetta

Well, thanks for the update Sean.

We all have our fingers crossed...hopefully things will work out for the best and JC does LA Gothic after all. I am very excited to see it. :)

In other news...

- Yesterday, Bloody Disgusting reported that the Weinstein Company is seeking a new director for their remake of Hellraiser.

What's not clear yet is whether or not Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury - who directed the astounding French horror film Inside - are officially off the project. What could have happened to leave Dimension seeking a director? More news as it comes...keep watching this thread.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:26 AM
For Vendetta

While we are on the subject of remakes, take a peek at this stunner :

She is the latest confirmed casting for the Friday the 13th remake, and her name is Amanda Righetti.

Smokin' hot, aint she? ;)
Old 04-12-2008, 08:53 PM
For Vendetta

- In addition to the casting of Saw star Shawnee Smith...Judd Nelson and William Devane have both also joined the cast of The Grudge 3, which is currently filming in Romania for a direct-to-DVD release this October.

They join the previously announced Matthew Knight, Shawnee Smith, Beau Mirchoff and Johanna E. Braddy in Toby Wilkins' directing effort.

In the film a young Japanese woman holds a secret to ending the curse of the Grudge. She travels to a haunted Chicago apartment building where she encounters a family battling to survive the ghosts. Together they confront the ghost of Kayako to save their souls from their impending tragic fate.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:33 AM
For Vendetta

50 Stills from Argento's "Mother of Tears"

Till its release on June 06th, here's a sample of what you can expect...;)

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/1024/gallery