Old 10-23-2006, 05:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noctuary View Post
Looks like Barker needs money. Guess that attempt at being Neil Gaiman isn't working out so well for him. Honestly though, ol' Clive is a skilled screenwriter, so this could work out. I'll remain quite skeptical until it actually materializes, if ever.

Clive Barker is a sweetheart of a man - a real fan favorite for good reason ..
but despite owning everything he's done - i'm not a big fan.

i like the direction gaiman is going a lot better then the one Clive took.
like stephen king - his latter novels are pretty much just bloated excess as far as I'm concerned.

Books of Blood were great - i think he's better off with short stories. less room to meander.

as far as redoing hellraiser ... i'm one of the few people who bitch about remakes - but i think a bit more time should be put between the origional and the remake.

if the origional still holds the power - and is still fresh in the minds of the fans (the sequels are still coming out) - it seems like an ill timed idea that will mostly miss the intended mark of exposing new fans to the hellraiser series
Old 10-23-2006, 06:11 AM
Also known as newb

"OMG enough with the remakes..."
Old 10-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
In spite of an overabundance of whimsy, I think the Abarat setting has some potential, and his paintings are very distinctive and cool. It's a fun, dark fairy tale for another kind of audience. Barker has a great mind that doesn't like being held down by things, I would speculate it's one of the reasons he identifies with characters in all of these Faust legends he keeps retelling. His old brand of dark fantasy was getting redundant for him and his readers. Everville was a huge disappointment, and everything after that was pretty unpalatable. I don't think he's gotten too much like Gaiman, because Gaiman got too much like Gaiman and started to suffer from it, while Barker's expanding a bit. I don't think the Hellraiser remake will have any of the syrupy interludes that I will admit can hold the Abarat series down, but I'm pretty sure that it won't be the same thing the original was. Barker has a much more peaceful mind and spirit than he used to and might therefore have a more objective and cerebral take on things. We might be able to expect a more brooding, subtle intelligent Hellraiser. And remember, if you read enough Carl Jung, everything's a remake.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:58 AM
Living Dead

im a big hellraiser fan n wud hate 2 see it remade, even if it is clive barker doin it.
why cant clive make somthing complety original. that wud b gd 2 see!!
Old 10-28-2006, 07:30 AM
Evil Dead

I hate all these remakes, but at least Clive's involvement should make it better than if they just gave it to Toilet Boll.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to makemebad
Wow.... I will see it no dout

but still... wow

Top 10 Horror Movies (No Order)
1. House Of 1000 Corpses
2. Phantasm
3. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (74)
4. Haute Tension
5. The Blair Witch Project
6. Saw
7. Hellraiser II
8. The Thing (82)
9. Dead Alive
10. Halloween
Old 10-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Evil Dead

In cases where I really liked the original (and Hellraiser is such a case), I'm almost afraid to see the remake.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:36 PM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

a fav of mine so they better not piss it up or sell it out.....seriously ill be afraid to see it too......just like i havnt seen the wickerman remake cause i love the original

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 10-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Tenant

*nevermind*
Old 10-28-2006, 07:02 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_linda View Post
a fav of mine so they better not piss it up or sell it out.....seriously ill be afraid to see it too......just like i havnt seen the wickerman remake cause i love the original
The new Wickerman is good for a laugh...not good for much else though, Im afraid.

Nick Cage in a giant bear suit beating the crap out of a mob of women....fucking hilarious. Wasnt supposed to be, of course...but I was laughing my ass off. One of the most unintentionally funny movies Ive ever seen.