Old 01-05-2013, 10:09 AM
For Vendetta

Finally a film which showed what it "promised". Predictable thriller, but had it's moments. Marred by spurts of wooden acting by it's leads though.

Oh, and, I have found a new crush. A pair, actually.

* * ½
Old 01-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Demon from Ago

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

As a Tolkien fan who has read the majority of his works I was very happy with Jackson's adaptation. He clearly knows his Tolkien, and even when he took license, he did it in a respectful and fun way. All the naysayers can kiss my ass, this is a great film. :D
Old 01-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Midnight toker

Prometheus: Total shower of shit.... I think this one got lost somewhere up its own asshole at around the 10 minuite mark. The dialogue was a fuckin joke the character development was piss poor. For the most part I didnt understand any of the characters motivation or more importantly why I was supposed to give a fuck. It really felt like an exercise in how not to make a film. As a horror fan I'm kinda use to cheesy dialouge and characters doing dumb shit but really, this was just total horse shit.

I really wish Ridley would've listened to one of the many bullshit lines that came out of this movie and thrown this one in the bin: "Sometimes you have to destroy in order to create".

How could they have made this movie better? Easy! Opening scene where Weyland turns up and explains whats going on, midway through that scene he pulls out a sports almanac and waves it at the crew; "You see this book? This book tells the future. Tells the results of every major sports event till the end of this century..."
Old 01-06-2013, 05:31 AM
Cranky

Frankenfish.

Not what Fearnet said it was at all. Just another crappy SyFy movie.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 01-06-2013, 07:10 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Compliance (2012)

I understand a "good" prank call may often works on people & sometimes the most sensible & intelligent ones just lose their common senses & started to act like an idiot or does stupid things and so, though the film is based on the true case of McDonald's Mount Washington-Kentucky, strip search prank call incident but it still turns out to be quite an annoying experience to see people acting like morons resulting a severe sexual harassment/rape of a young female employee in a restaurant. Even if they kept the prank call as a 'twist' in the film from the beginning it still won't work for the viewers I think; it'd become predictable & it'd take hardly 10 to 15 minutes after the call came to guess it as a prank call while in the film/actual event it took a whole day to figure out. May be it's easy for me to say as I haven't face this sort of situation but still how could you grant a command/order/request/demand through a phone call from whoever told you to do so from the other end that you need to strip search somebody for some charges?! It's a delicate job & only must done by the authorized law enforcement or security personnel.

Therefore, though it happened in actual events & the actors did a good job (may be there was a problem in the script or adapting the whole thing for a film, I'm not sure), but sorry to say, I found the film finely made, still somewhat an annoying & ridiculous watch.

>>: C

Last edited by roshiq; 01-06-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Mother's little helper

Interview with the vampire
Old 01-06-2013, 09:34 AM
For Vendetta

A more faithful adaptation of the Dredd comic-books than the Stallone film.

That doesn't mean it hasn't borrowed generously from two other similarly themed works - the film The Raid: Redemption, and the game Max Payne. That being said, I prefer The Raid a bit more, because of the raw, gritty and ruthless nature of the action in it. But, Dredd is dotted with some excellent, gorific action sequences, it's pretty solid in it's own right. But for someone who's already seen The Raid and appreciated it for what it is, Dredd comes in at #2.

Great entertainment though. This one, and Punisher:War Zone could be bundled in together for a nice, action-packed double bill watch.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
The Raid sounds awesome!

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Banned

Hitchcock....not a bad watch but I was a bit disappointed....kinda dragged

Looper....enjoyed this one...although I enjoy pretty much anthing that Bruce is in.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 AM
For Vendetta

Semi-decent low-budget slow burner. Recommended to all who like their horror simmered up nicely before delivered to them on an atmospheric platter, much on the lines of Session 9.

Tags
movie