Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-23-2011, 06:01 AM
Little Boo

Thumbs down 60s Horror Matinee ???

I'm trying to find the first horror movie that I ever saw.

When I was a kid, my dad used to take me places around NY on Saturday afternoon, like the museums, Yankee Stadium, relatives, movies. Once we went to a cheap movie theater, not one of the huge 'picture palaces', and we saw a horror movie matinee.

The movie scared the death out of me. It was so unlike any other experience I'd had at the movies because I was between five and eight years old, at the time, and usually went with my mom and her friends. When me and my dad got home, he told my mom what/where we'd been, and she was upset about it, though he thought it was a great thrill.

Can anyone help me find the title of this movie? Here's what I recall.

///

In New York City movie theaters 1960-1964.

A black and white, horror film. What was known as a low-blow, what my dad called a cheap horror film; bad lighting, tall ceilings, bad sound quality, non-acting actors. I don't recall any name-stars, has-beens, or anything about the title.

Most of the action seems to take place at night in and around some rural shack on a hill or in the woods.

At the end, the group of 'survivors' (three men, one black) are barricaded inside the shack/farmhouse awaiting 'whatever is going to get them'. They have been attacked by 'people' and have boarded up the windows, etc. (If I saw a still of this scene I'd know if it was the movie or not.)

Their undoing is this really hot austere and scary woman with long black hair, in some sort of skin tight lame outfit (like a cat woman) who convinces the weakest man to open the front door.

My best guess is that it's some sort of zombie/undead movie.

///

Imdb isn't helping me and search engines seem to repeat the same unlikely titles over and over.

Does anyone have an affection for these movies, who might know a couple of likely titles. Only a weird/intuitive fan with an weird/intuitive memory can work this out.

Maybe there's a picture/stills gallery that can jar my memory and shake me out of my dilemma? (I'm hunting for clues, scraps, anything.)

M