Old 12-20-2018, 02:50 PM
病気の

They must have at least server costs.

This may be an out dated V Bulletin that you can't do any updating.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:24 PM
Banned

Well like I said somebody had to get the website back up and running. I mean I'm not exactly sure what they had to do but it didn't just magically reappear on its own. When you buy a URL though I think you can pay for it so many years in advance so I don't know if that's what they did and they are just letting it ride still or what but I do agree things need to be done. And I wasn't even aware they made versions of the bulletin that you couldn't update. I mean I know the service has been available for like 20 years or more but still, even free forums like proboards still give you a fuckload of freedom for being free so surely you can do just as much with this version as you can any version of the bulletin or at least be able to make basic updates and maintenance.
Old 12-22-2018, 07:31 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
I know the guy who ran the site was offered to sell it but he declined. Have no idea why you would keep it and just let it fall apart instead of selling it to somebody who wants to make the site better.
Old 12-22-2018, 09:45 PM
Banned

Because some people have absolutely no common sense. I mean if I own this place I'd be on it like crazy and I sure as shit wouldn't be spending money to keep the damn place going if I wasn't even going to acknowledge it. I mean I hate to talk down about whoever owns this place but I also call it like I see it.
Old 12-25-2018, 04:14 PM
I am the turtle lord

*looks in Crystal ball*
I see many old friends, many years into the future. Many old friends that are truly old.
Hdc will be alive for another 70 years. But it's members will be old and feeble.

Btw.

NOW YOU NOTICE MY MESSAGE REGARDING RECAPTCHA!? ��

Last edited by anglewitch; 12-25-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:53 PM
Immortal horror fan

They are probably keeping it because it's "horror.com." What should be the best domain for all things horror. But don't have a plan to get it restarted again.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:37 AM
Misanthrope

They will be keeping the site alive as part of their portfolio of writing/journalism work.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:34 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
They will be keeping the site alive as part of their portfolio of writing/journalism work.
Very cool reference material here for sure.

Old 01-16-2019, 02:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to updated then that way they can show off their talents even more? I mean it seems a bit ridiculous that they would put the money into it and not update it, even if it is just for portfolio purposes. It seems a bit selfish if you ask me.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:14 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to updated then that way they can show off their talents even more? I mean it seems a bit ridiculous that they would put the money into it and not update it, even if it is just for portfolio purposes. It seems a bit selfish if you ask me.
They would've moved onto other writing gigs. The site is just here to show what they did in the past to future employers. It's more selfish to expect someone to update a website to accommodate a forum that less than 10 people use regularly.