Old 12-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Evil Dead

"Walking Dead" Fires Writers.

The Walking Dead Lets Go of Writers
Source: Deadline, The Hollywood Reporter
December 1, 2010

Deadline is reporting that "The Walking Dead" writer/executive producer/director Frank Darabont has let go of the writers on the AMC series, which has been renewed for a 13-episode second season that's likely to debut in October of 2011.

The site adds that Darabont is looking to forgo having a writing staff for the second season and assign scripts to freelancers. No reason is given, though they say that no final decision has been made with all options open, including a possible combination of a writing staff/freelancers.

Darabont wrote two of the first season's six episodes, the pilot and second episode, and he co-wrote/rewrote the other four.

In related news, The Hollywood Reporter says that AMC is planning to release the first season on DVD and B

Read more: The Walking Dead Lets Go of Writers - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnew...#ixzz16t7sNFMu
Old 12-02-2010, 07:42 AM
Waste Disposer

My first thought: this is the beginning of the end of the very first zombie TV series.
Zombies have never been done like this and now...eh...

Not sure why some shows that are true gold seem to get such bad luck, maybe there is a bar in Hollywood that if it ever gets raised....eh...

My second thought...I watched the last episode with my eyes shut because of a monster headache and realized this show is VERY VISUAL...so maybe new writers or whatever their plan is won't really get in the way if the scripts turn bad.

My hope though is they just have a contract fuck up and it will sort itself out and all the writers will be on board and happy for the next 13 episodes.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Misanthrope

Sounds like quality control to me. Darabont obviously wasn't happy with what they were doing. Sure it's great and I've been enjoying the series so far but maybe he felt it could've been better.