Old 11-25-2003, 01:54 AM
Post-Moderation

1000 Corpses wins me over.

Alright boys and girls, i began watching this downloaded movie last night with my usuall skeptism, not expecting much. After all its Rob Zombie directing right? Wrong! it wasnt long into the film that i realized i wasnt going to be able to predict how this one ended up.

It went in crazy directions, and while i expected his music video type directing to get on my nerves, it didnt, it reeled me in. The music wasnt over the top like i expected it to be. The acting was pretty well done and the characters were way better than most ive seen recently (maybe with the exception to Dog Soldiers:D ).
After watching Wrong Turn earlier today( :( :o :( :o :rolleyes: :( :o ) this was a refreshing break from the genre stereotypes.

Anyway, rent or pick this one up if you guys havent already. I was as skeptical as possible and he won me over. Nice ending too ;)
Old 11-25-2003, 03:38 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to nightbreed
The plot holes in this film where enough to drive me nuts. My roommate got the dvd and I watched it with the commentary and he said nothing i really wanted to hear. If you could explain to me exactly wtf the whole sacrafice scene was about and how that fit into anything plot wise it would really help me. And they never eally explain dick about doctor satan or his mecha-corpse bodyguard with a mouth that looks like an asshole. It was just like "Oh right and heres where we throw the plot away and have her get chased around by monsters, YAY!"
I mean granted it had its cool parts, that pig getting smoked by otis for instance, but overall i thought it fell short. then again I thought that this film was going to be the best horror film ever, literally. How dissapointed I was.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:08 AM
Horror Fan

I've been debating as to whether to see it myself....I've heard good things and bad things about the film.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:15 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Re: 1000 Corpses wins me over.

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
Alright boys and girls, i began watching this downloaded movie last night with my usuall skeptism, not expecting much. After all its Rob Zombie directing right? Wrong! it wasnt long into the film that i realized i wasnt going to be able to predict how this one ended up.

It went in crazy directions, and while i expected his music video type directing to get on my nerves, it didnt, it reeled me in. The music wasnt over the top like i expected it to be. The acting was pretty well done and the characters were way better than most ive seen recently (maybe with the exception to Dog Soldiers:D ).
After watching Wrong Turn earlier today( :( :o :( :o :rolleyes: :( :o ) this was a refreshing break from the genre stereotypes.

Anyway, rent or pick this one up if you guys havent already. I was as skeptical as possible and he won me over. Nice ending too ;)
Guess we're FINALLY gonna disagree...a little. I didn't think it COMPLETELY sucked but.......

When the MUSIC is better than the MOVIE...SOMEONE could have done a better job...I still love Rob Zombie though...

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 11-25-2003, 12:10 PM

I could not wait to see this movie and it SUCKS, big time !! sorry but being the total horror fan I am if there is a no.2 Iwill have to see it!!
Old 11-25-2003, 12:26 PM
Living Dead

Send a message via AIM to VenomX
I didn't mind it. But I didn't rent it expecting to see the best movie ever in the history of horror movies. I suppose you would be dissapointed then.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:56 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I'll agree with you Arioch, had a damn good time watching it.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Evil Bitch From HELL

I watched it with about six friends and they all thought it sucked..But I thought it was pretty damn good..the pig scene was cool as shit
:D
Old 11-25-2003, 05:44 PM
does anybody read this?

i watched it with my friend. he loved it, thought it was great and original. aside from some cool parts it just seemed like a big tcm rip. but of course tcm is rob zombie's favorite film so what could you expect. in an article zombie called tcm "a perfect movie."
Old 11-25-2003, 06:34 PM
Hellraiser

try it on 'shrooms.