Old 01-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Evil Dead

Zombieland What can I say that hasn't already been said? Awesome movie. I loved the opening sequence. The gore was great. Very funny throughout. The surprise cameo in the middle was amazing. I thought it did drag a bit in the middle, but not so much as to detract from the movie as a whole.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:36 AM
For Vendetta

Paranormal Activity.

Whoa! It's 1 06 AM here right now and me and the wife are officially spooked out of our wits. Going to sleep with at least one set of lights on.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:46 AM
whatever gets you through

just saw sherlock holmes - fun though too long (too many visually fun but pointless fight scenes)
Old 01-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Waste Disposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Paranormal Activity.

Whoa! It's 1 06 AM here right now and me and the wife are officially spooked out of our wits. Going to sleep with at least one set of lights on.

That's funny.:D
This is a common response. Does everyone wake up hearing things in the dead of night after watching this movie as well???
Old 01-18-2010, 02:49 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakru View Post
This is a common response. Does everyone wake up hearing things in the dead of night after watching this movie as well???

No, just you......FREAK!!

:p
Old 01-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Waste Disposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
No, just you......FREAK!!

:p
Damn, I stepped right into that one:p:D
Old 01-18-2010, 10:49 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Bhoooooot!
Old 01-18-2010, 11:36 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakru View Post
For starters, however sleepy we were feeling before the film started was all chased out of our eyes. Wife was shaking, holding my arm tight, and had tears in her eyes during the last 10-15 mins from sheer fright. (She definitely can't take a horror film, note to self -- better to stick to actioners and romancers for her)

We started to talk about other things to get our mind off this (like my brother-in-law's impeding wedding next month), and that got her to go to sleep but I was awake. It was tough even to go to sleep! Even the smallest of sounds (like the fridge's hum, or mother's coughing in her sleep) snapped my eyes wide open. Maybe she realised how shaken I was, and so she let me sleep till 11 50 AM this morning. That's right, I woke up at midday today!

It is definitely scary alright. This is coming from someone who has watched films such as Evil Dead, Exorcist and I Spit on your Grave and has gone to sleep soundly afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Bhoooooot!
LOL!

Psh, B. :p
Old 01-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Bit surprised to know that PA scared you so well. I didn't find it that spooky at all. I just liked that dragging off from the bed shot. Anyways, in terms of spookiness Asylum's P. Entity did better for me.

The Messenger (2009)

Very original & emotionally absorbing story.

Recommended.

>>: A

The Time Traveler's Wife (2009)

Sad & frustrating parts of time travel. Pretty Nice movie though.

>>: B+
Old 01-19-2010, 05:16 AM
Bad Natured

The 400 Blows (1959). Wow. How Truffaut brings to life the mundane aspects of a boy's life and turns them into engaging art is mystery to me. This is a heartfelt story about a rambunctious, and potentially artistic, boy without any direction in his life save a rather militant teacher and an accomplice of shenanigans. Forever in trouble, this poor kid takes the avenues of immaturity whenever possible, and these possiblilities are endless. With no role models, lying cheating and stealing become the norm, and we have a child that is scolded for wrong doings but nary advised otherwise. The acting was superb, the cinematography engaging, and the direction incredible. The story itself may have been a little flat, but the story is not really the point here. This classic was absolutely wonderful in ways that really defy description. Ashe.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.