Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to horrorman
Universal Horror Make-up Show

Horror fans,

I tried posting on the IMDB to identify movies from the show, but no one knew what movies the clips are from, the show is from the Universal Horror Make-up Show, located at the Universal Studios theme park in Orlando, Florida. Here is a link: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SbwRVXFm_Q"

The only movies I can make out are:

"Tales from the Crypt: Bordello of Blood"
"The Thing" (1982 version)
"The Frighteners"
"An American Werewolf in London"
"Army of Darkness"
"Van Helsing"
"The Bride of Chucky"
"Shadow of the Vampire"
"Jurassic Park"
"The Mummy" (1999 version)
"The Mummy" (classic version)
"The Wolf Man"
"Dracula" (1931 version)
"Frankenstein" (1931 version)
"Bride of Frankenstein"
"The Phantom of the Opera" (Lon Chaney version)
"The Hunchback of Notre Dame" (Lon Chaney version)
"Creature from the Black Lagoon"
"Psycho" (1960 version)
"Monty Python and the Meaning of Life"

I apologize if I posted this several years back, and I know the montage is very fast, but I wanted to give it another try, so sorry for the inconvenience, and I am very desperate. Can anyone please help me? I do not know where else to go. Thank you.

Horrorman
Old 08-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Cranky

Why are you so desperate for this info?

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 08-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Evil Dead

Because I love horror movies, I love Universal studios, and it is rather strange that NO ONE seems to know what movies the remaining clips are from; if you do not want to help, that is fine, but do I need to explain myself.

Horrorman
Old 08-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Cranky

Hey, I wasn't trying to ruffle your trussel- I was just curious.

I looked at every frame of that clip and couldn't see any films you haven't mentioned already.

Sorry I bothered now.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 08-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Evil Dead

I do not know, I saw every single part of all of the movies I mentioned, but I can remember quite clearly that some of the clips seen in the montage are not included in any of the movies I listed. I would post them, but that will probably annoy you, and there is no need for you to check the montage again just to help me, if you already know the answer for sure. I am not trying to sound sarcastic, and I am sorry I got annoyed, and if I am sounding so pathetic, but I do not know. I feel like I am going out of my mind. Anyway, thank you for your help, and I am sorry I bothered you with it, but if anyone else would want to try, please do, I would be eternally grateful. I do not know where else to turn, and unfortunately, Universal Studios does not have a complete list of all of the movies they have used for the Universal Horror Make-up Show anywhere, strangely enough. Once again, thank you for all of your help, I am sorry I bothered you with this.

Horrorman

P.S. The following is just for anyone who does want to help me further. If anyone does want to help me, here are the clips I am talking about, and if you do not want to, you do not need to, then I understand, but it would not hurt to look, after all, it is always about the movies at Universal Studios.

1) Blue faced zombie (first clip)

2) Corpse of old woman (second clip) (I think the 1998 version of "Psycho"?)

3) Grim reaper (third clip)

4) Aquatic like monster (sixth clip -- two clips after a fast clip of the Crypt Keeper) (Maybe "Island of Terror", "the Rift" ("Endless Descent"), or "Mysterious Island"?)

5) Werewolf (seventh clip) (It is not "an American Werewolf of London", I already looked)

6) Monster lurking in full darkness (ninth clip - clip directly before the head stretching scene from "the Thing") (Someone on the IMDB suggested "an American Werewolf in London", but the scene they were talking about actually showed the monster)

7) Monster choking person stretching out the bottom of their face (fourteenth clip - clip directly before the scene of the vampire tearing off the man's head)

8) Mouth opening in person's stomach (clip directly before a clip of the reanimated skeletons from "Army of Darkness") (No, this is not the same scene as the one from "the Thing" shown near the ending of the montage)

9) Fast forward to the near ending, blah, blah, blah, and you will see a few clips. One is of a disembodied head on a ground, one is of an old lady screaming at what I think is a voodoo mask, and one is of an extreme close up of an old lady (the clip directly before the final clip).

Anyway, I am sorry if this is an inconvenience for anyone, but when it comes to finding out movies, I do not give up.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Evil Dead

O-k, I just wanted to edit my most recent post:

The seventh clip in the montage somewhat looks like the first werewolf from "Van Helsing", I think it is the same werewolf, because it looks very much like the werewolf from "Van Helsing", the one that is seen in the clip directly after the clip featuring one of the two boys turning into a werewolf from "an American Werewolf in London." However, unfortunately, all of the clips in this montage have darker color than their original counterparts, so it is somewhat hard to make out some of the clips.

The stomach opening is from "Tales from the Crypt: Bordello of Blood."

I think the second clip featured in the montage is from "Psycho" (1998).

The aquatic monster is not from "Island of Terror", as I was hoping, but the monster has a very similar head to that of the Frankenstein Monster from "Van Helsing", and appears to also be rested on an apparatus. The aquatic-like monster is not from "Van Helsing", because the head of the monster looks like the head of a green dragon/nautilus/alien, and the monster has claws/tentacles not arms, and in no scene of "Van Helsing" are there papers scattered on the ground in a laboratory. To note, the monster could also be outside near a sewer, but still, papers are scattered around the ground.

I cannot make out the other clips that I listed, but I am still on it. Does anyone have any ideas at all? I will look at the other movies that I listed just to clarify. I will update if I have any more information.

Horrorman
Old 08-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Evil Dead

Just one more update:

I think the scene of the extreme close up face of the old woman (man?), the scene that is directly before the last clip of the montage, is from "Misery", but that is not a Universal movie. I think, however, it might also be from the movie that has the clip of the old woman screaming at a voodoo mask (I think it is a voodoo mask), which is also in the montage near the ending. I first thought these two clips might be from the original "Psycho", but when I saw "Psycho, I did not see either of those two clips.

Horrorman
Old 08-07-2008, 10:05 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

This is one seriously crazy thread. But God bless you for posting it. I have no ideas about what movies those mystery clips are from, however, because I did not watch the montage.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 08-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Evil Dead

That is o.k., I hope to figure out the rest of the movies that the clips are from someday, but maybe I should give a break for a while. I am so close, and I know the movies are on the tip of my tongue, but none of them can come to me. I guess, I will just live out the rest of my life not knowing until Universal Studios would be generous enough to have a list of every horror movie they have ever used for the Universal Horror Make-up Show. The same applies to the mysterious movies from the opening credits of the film, "Ernest Scared Stupid." Nowhere are they mentioned in the ending credits of the film, but I know deep down I probably saw them before. It is rather ironic to me that I (and everyone else) cannot figure out the left of the movies from the montage of horror clips from the Universal Horror Make-up Show or the movies from the opening credits from "Ernest Scared Stupid", because all of the other movies can be figured out, but hopefully *all* of the movies will be revealed someday. I am crossing my fingers.

Horrorman
Old 08-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Evil Dead

Something occurred to me. The Universal Horror Make-up Show used footage from "the Exorcist", "Beetle Juice", "the Nutty Professor" (modern version), and "Creepshow" in an earlier version of the show, though none of them were used in an earlier version of the montage, and none of these movies are from Universal, so maybe some movies used in the montage, which I pasted a link to, are not from Universal.

Here it is again: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SbwRVXFm_Q"

Here are the movie possibilites:

"Company of Wolves" (the clip of Death (the third clip in the montage), the clip of the disembodied head on the ground near the ending, the werewolf (shown in three clips of a clip of the Crypt Keeper shown near the beginning of the montage)

"Zombie"/"Dawn of the Dead"/"Shaun of the Dead" (the first clip shown, the clip of the disembodied head on the ground)

"Creepshow" (maybe has the scene of Death, or the scene when the black hand raises from the ground (two scenes directly before the head ripping scene from "the Bordello of Blood"))

"Scrooged" (the third scene shown during the montage - the one of Death)

"Tentacoli"/"Body Snatchers"/"Endless Descent" ("the Rift") (the second clip shown after the clip of the Crypt Keeper that I was previously talking about)

That still leaves the clip of the lurking monster (directly before the head stretching scene from "the Thing"), the clip of the girl getting choked and her chin stretched by a monster (directly before the head ripping scene from "Tales from the Crypt: Bordello of Blood", the clip of the old woman screaming at something (near the ending), and the extreme close up of the old woman (or man in drag?), which is the clip directly before the last of the clips.

Anyway, has anyone ever seen these movies before? Maybe they are the ones I am looking for, and I am not necessarily asking for anyone to see the montage again, if you already have, maybe you guys know these descriptions of the clips by memory, but please help. I want to solve this once and for all. Thanks.

Horrorman