Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Evil Dead

I Walked With A Zombie" remake

EXCL: Adam Marcus Will Have Walked With a Zombie
Source: Edward Douglas
February 10, 2009

ComingSoon.net/ShockTillYouDrop.com just got off the phone with director Andy Fickman (Race to Witch Mountain), having had a great talk with him about a lot of things, including the four RKO remakes he's currently developing and producing with Twisted Pictures (Saw).

The first one up will be I Walked With a Zombie, based on a strange 1943 movie about a nurse who uses voodoo to resurrect the wife of a plantation manager, and Fickman gave us the exclusive that it will be directed by none other than...

Adam Marcus, who helmed Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday back in 1993.

"We're just getting ready to start going out for casting on that, and we'll film that in New Orleans in the spring," Finkman told us.

We talked quite a bit with the director/producer about the various movies in the RKO deal, the differences between horror movies back then and now and how he sees these remakes being geared, but we'll save all of that for our full interview, which you'll be able to read here closer to the release of Disney's Race to Witch Mountain on March 13th.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:44 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I will be comletely shocked if this movie actually gets made. RKO is notorious for developing films but never producing any.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 02-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Eww. Adam Marcus?
Old 02-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
I thought I Walked with a Zombie was actually a decent movie. The voodoo gaurdian guy was cool. I've hated Adam Marcus since he massacred Friday the 13th.
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 02-11-2009, 06:30 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
I will be comletely shocked if this movie actually gets made. RKO is notorious for developing films but never producing any.
That's very good news - this shouldn't be made.