Old 02-22-2006, 07:11 AM
Cenobiter

Post Friday The 13th Part 11 Director Named

Darkness Falls director to take on Friday The 13th series. [details]
Old 05-12-2006, 06:14 PM
rrobinson

Question Jason Prequel?!!

Everyone knows how parts 5,7,8,9 and 10 were so stupid because the directors wanted something new, but didn't have a clue how to do that and maintain the story line of Jason Vorhees!!

Now they want to jump on the "PREQUEL" bandwagon, huh? Well, it worked for Star Wars, Batman, and Hannibal Lecter, why won't it work for the most famous horror icon Jason Vorhees?

I'll tell you why, if they go ahead with this insane idea, the next Friday movie will be just another "I just bought it to have the complete set" addition to the franchise.

First of all, anyone who seen the first Friday movie, knows exactly how Jason came to be and for Jason's story, that is plenty enough. He was a mongoloid kid that the other kids picked on in summer camp (And probably other places before he arrived at Crystal Lake!!). We all know how mean kids can be, big deal.

Secondly, the only way they can tell this story of Jason Vorhees, the boy, is to have the other kids be mean to him through the entire movie until that fateful last push into the lake and he drowns. Sounds like a Disney movie without the downing. YAWN !!!!

And finally, from a money making standpoint, if this prequel makes it to theaters (Which I don't think will happen), what do they (the people who came up with this idea) think will happen when the first people who see it (if they can stay awake that long) will tell their friends who haven't seen it? "Hey Jim, I just saw the new Friday the 13th movie." "Really?! What was it about?" (At this point, most of us would normally say "go see it, I don't want too ruin the story" , but because the viewer knows he got ripped off and doesn't want to see his friend fall to the same fate, he says...) "I watched a little boy get bullied until the bullies pushed him into Crystal Lake." And when it comes out on DVD, he'll stand there in the isle, looking at it shaking his head and saying, "I hate to spend good money on it, but I have to add it to my collection."

I am a huge fan of Friday the 13th, and I do have all of them on DVD. But I only watch 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and Jason vs Freddy on a regular basis. I watch the whole series only on Halloween, its a tradition of sorts. And I would love to see another Friday movie in theaters, but come on!!!! We need someone to give the series life and be creative, but still maintaining the story of the past Friday movies. Not selling out by doing what other filmakers have done with other franchises. It's all apples and oranges, what worked for one or more franchises will probably not work for others. I just want to see a good Friday the 13th movie without Freddy or any other novelties. Appearently the shot callers believe that there are no more stories to be told without novelties. That is just a shame.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:13 PM
satan36x

I think the makers of this movie should concentrate more on the killing rather than the story. I think thats why the first four sucked. they concentrated mostly on the history of jason rather than the horror aspect
Old 07-23-2006, 09:33 PM
She's under the stairs

just leave it ALONE!
Old 10-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Scares Little Kids

Angry

you guys need to chill out!! part 9 wasn\'t that bad. i think it\'s a great idea and i\'m all for it. personally i loved the direction Jason was going, it made him more mythical and the legend he is today. it made him superhuman, invincible if you will. you see, every good horror movie has it\'s flaws, that\'s why sequals can do well, they learn from the mistakes of the previous movie.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:08 PM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

rrobinson says it all perfectly......there's plenty of not so good sequels and prequels that collectors ( i being one) have to have....and makers of them must know it.....its not like these films are box-office hits or even cult favourites.....so why do they make them?

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 10-15-2006, 02:42 AM
Clown Slayer

I think i've seen enough of this director's trash!:mad:

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
2. Halloween
3. Dawn of the Dead (orig.)
4. Halloween II
5. Night of the Livng Dead (orig.)
6. The Evil Dead
7. The Exorcist
8. Alien
9. The Thing
10. Sesson 9
Old 10-18-2006, 03:13 PM
riddick_ganja

jason voorhees

yea i think they shud stick to the old movie type with all the killing, but instead of crystal lake being all burnt and all that i think they shud re build it and put new people in there for him to kill, coz it goes he only kills people that went to crystal lake so thats why jason x and jason goes to hell was shit, so now days people with a new crystal lake
Old 10-19-2006, 05:32 AM
tic. vers 5

Send a message via MSN to tic
In an opinion poll a few years back, people were asked which did they prefer:
Freddy Vs Jason sequel or a new Friday the 13th /Jason movie where he was the main attraction.....unsurprisingly Friday the 13th came up top.

Whether the new remake will feature Jason, more or not is open to question.

You kids keep your noses clean you understand? You'll be hearing from me if you don't. We ain't gonna stand for any weirdness out here.

"Words create lies. Pain can be trusted."
Old 10-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Hellraiser

sigh..yes..thats all just a long disappointed sigh