Old 04-19-2018, 09:28 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Nosferatu vs Dracula

Which of these classic horror movies based off the novel by Bram Stoker do you like best?

For me I like Nosferatu best simply because the make-up that they used for the vampire Count Orlock was scarier in that movie and even for a silent film the movie had some disturbing scenes like the plague rats coming out of the ship where Count Orlock was hiding. The vampires in Dracula were too attractive in my opinion.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:30 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Which of these classic horror movies based off the novel by Bram Stoker do you like best?

For me I like Nosferatu best simply because the make-up that they used for the vampire Count Orlock was scarier in that movie and even for a silent film the movie had some disturbing scenes like the plague rats coming out of the ship where Count Orlock was hiding. The vampires in Dracula were too attractive in my opinion.
I like both! And it's great that they are very different films.

If I had to pick just one, no doubt, it would be Nosferatu (1922). As a film it's brilliant. It looks fantastic... it's a nightmare come to life. The special effects are stunning! I could go on and on.

Dracula is a cool show too. Some of the sets are stunning, and the performances of Dracula, Renfeld and Van Helsing are excellent. It's not as visually impressive as Nosferatu, but still very engaging.

Old 04-20-2018, 05:37 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I agree that Nosferatu was brilliant! For such an old movie the special effects were amazing and Count Orlock in my opinion is the scariest vampire. He is everything that a real vampire is supposed to be and he is truly the stuff of nightmares.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:44 AM
Evil Dead

Bela Lugosi just seemed too round faced. He looks like my grandma. Shreck was truly sinister.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:18 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
Bela Lugosi just seemed too round faced. He looks like my grandma. Shreck was truly sinister.
Honestly, I thought Lugosi was pretty bad ass. I thought he nailed it -- a Dracula that was rather domineering in a rather human way. Whereas Max Schreck captured that unhuman quality quite well.

And I say, compared to the Spanish version Dracula, you can see what Lugosi brought to the role.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:10 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Speaking of vampire movies am I the only one who hates modern vampire movies? I don't like how they are portrayed as beautiful or how we have "good" vampires who feed off animals instead of humans. Also Twilight is one of the worst movies/books ever and I felt like it completely destroyed the vampire genre.