Old 11-15-2016, 08:43 PM
ventricle

You know I'm there, Boyeee

Old 11-15-2016, 08:48 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
For some reason Vampires was the first thing i thought of even though im not a big fan of Vampire horror movies. If all goes well my plan was to do a werewolf one next.

If you haven't seen one of the movies, you can either not comment or go off the things other people say and throw in your support. That will have merit with me when choosing the winner of the debate.
Cool cool. Looking forward to it.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 01-08-2017, 10:33 AM
ventricle

Hey Villain, what do you say we move ahead with the best vampire film?

The method of providing everyone a list (from IMDB) per decade (or 2 or 3 decades each, to shorten process), followed by discussion, nominations, and then finally votes, seemed to work quite well.

Of course in this case, we want to get to the one best. So for this step, after we all have become familiar with what vampire films actually exist (through the decade process), everyone can nominate their top 5, from which you'd make a seeded bracket competition to crown one vampire film.

In that last step, you'd probably want to decide on only including 8, or 16, for brackets, taking only the 8 with most votes (rather than including all films submitted, which might be 33).

Or to shorten the process, you could skip the decade(s) step, but then I don't see how we'd get any discussion/debate going -- plus, I'd rather discover or re-discover vampire films I would normally miss by only doing to the last bracket event.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-08-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:26 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Hey Villain, what do you say we move ahead with the best vampire film?

The method of providing everyone a list (from IMDB) per decade (or 2 or 3 decades each, to shorten process), followed by discussion, nominations, and then finally votes, seemed to work quite well.

Of course in this case, we want to get to the one best. So for this step, after we all have become familiar with what vampire films actually exist (through the decade process), everyone can nominate their top 5, from which you'd make a seeded bracket competition to crown one vampire film.

In that last step, you'd probably want to decide on only including 8, or 16, for brackets, taking only the 8 with most votes (rather than including all films submitted, which might be 33).

Or to shorten the process, you could skip the decade(s) step, but then I don't see how we'd get any discussion/debate going -- plus, I'd rather discover or re-discover vampire films I would normally miss by only doing to the last bracket event.
If youd like to go ahead, im fine with it. I havent had the time to devote to this with how my wifes health has been

Old 01-11-2017, 06:09 PM
ventricle

Quote:
If youd like to go ahead, im fine with it. I havent had the time to devote to this with how my wifes health has been
I'm sorry to hear about your wife's health. We can keep her in our prayers. I'm sure a lot of us have had to take care of sick family members for both short and long periods of time. How's things going so far?

Old 01-17-2017, 05:50 PM
Evil is Better

Not sure if i've mentioned it on here but she has Lupus and a really bad immune system. She's had a stroke and multiple seizures. Just had to take her to urgent care the other day due to multiple infections. Shes a really strong person though. I don't know how she gets through it.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:42 PM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Not sure if i've mentioned it on here but she has Lupus and a really bad immune system. She's had a stroke and multiple seizures. Just had to take her to urgent care the other day due to multiple infections. Shes a really strong person though. I don't know how she gets through it.
Sorry the news hasn't gotten better, man. She must be pretty courageous to fight through all the shit. Having a devoted husband won't hurt her any either.
Proud of you!
Old 01-17-2017, 08:46 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Sorry the news hasn't gotten better, man. She must be pretty courageous to fight through all the shit. Having a devoted husband won't hurt her any either.
Proud of you!
Thank you. I really appreciate it