Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Immortal horror fan

Freddy vs Jason.

I never watched the whole movie before. I usually caught a few clips on TV. I always avoided this movie for the most part. I thought the idea was stupid. Who really wanted to see Freddy fight Jason? But I decided to finally watch the movie. The opening Crystal Lake scene starts off well and I had high (those who know the scene will get this) hopes. But somehow the movie turns mediocre. The movie has only one maybe two good kills. We don't get a good Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street movie. We get a bunch of characters telling stories and miraculously placing the pieces together. One of the best lines is from the companion girlfriend who can't believe they are taking Jason with them. Something that happened again for some reason in the Friday the 13th reboot. In the end, this is yet another sad entry to the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street series. I assume that these are dead for the most part after the two crap remakes.

On the plus side, I spotted Evangeline Lilly in the background at the school scene. She's the prettiest girl in the whole movie and was only in it for a few seconds.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:00 AM
Demon from Ago

Pretty decent explanation as to why Freddy and Jason would be in a film together but yeah, otherwise pretty mediocre film.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Didn't Shoot Bill Murray

Halloween Night (2006)- Terrible. Ended up shutting it off.

Shrooms- Terrible.

Episode 50- Terrible.

Gingerdead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver- Terrible. I thought this one would at least be funny to watch but it wasn't. Ended up shutting it off.

Also, I really hate when movies have awesome cover art but then the movie is awful.

Last edited by Atraxi; 06-03-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Demon from Ago

Yeah, I was hoping for something really great with Shrooms but if fell way short. Too bad, could have been a clever idea.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Didn't Shoot Bill Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Yeah, I was hoping for something really great with Shrooms but if fell way short. Too bad, could have been a clever idea.
That's what I thought, too. It was a good idea and they could have done so much with it. They just didn't hit the mark.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Медвежуть View Post
after all the talking about stephen king, i had to rewatch "The Mist". great movie with quite original ending.
oh, and i'm enjoying it so much about stephen king's stories, how the pastor turns out to be werewolf, and religion turns perfectly normal people into the bunch of sheep=)
Um what? There's no werewolves in The Mist.

There's a preacher werewolf in Silver Bullet/Cycle of The Werewolf though.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
that's why i wrote "stories", not "story";)
Well the way you wrote it was confusing. One second you were talking about The Mist and then you were talking about Werewolf preachers. It didnt make any sense

Old 06-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
life is confusing, isn't it:D
the thoughts just come and go, cum and go...and i don't always express them the best way. but you'll get used to my writing. everyone does
You're a strange guy. Lucky for you i like strange. I think we'll get along.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Evil is Better

Snow White and The Huntsman

I was really expecting more from this but it was really mediocre. The fight scenes were badly choreographed and the uplifting speech that Snow gives near the end was terrible. The whole story just felt rushed as well.

I don't know if i'm just becoming jaded now but movies really fail to excite me and blow me away nowadays.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:53 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Snow White and The Huntsman

I was really expecting more from this but it was really mediocre. The fight scenes were badly choreographed and the uplifting speech that Snow gives near the end was terrible. The whole story just felt rushed as well.

I don't know if i'm just becoming jaded now but movies really fail to excite me and blow me away nowadays.
How did it look? From the trailer it looks like it'd at least be gorgeously filmed.