Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-05-2012, 01:23 AM
From The Beyond

Gotta agree about Oldfield's Tubular Bells and The Banana Boat Song in Beetlejuice also add Bobby Vinton's Blue Velvet from Blue Velvet and Lady In The Radiator song from Eraserhead.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:25 AM
HDC Idol

Bumping this as I figured we could have fun with it...

While not as iconic as other scenes mentioned, I figured I'd bring up songs from movies that have really stuck with me...

"Find You Waiting" by The Shaggies - I've already raved about the movie "The Revenant" - This song plays during the credits and I can't get it out of my head - Reminds me of the final scene in Fight Club with The Pixies...

***WARNING - YOUTUBE VIDEO CONTAINS ENDING SPOILER***

"When he Calls me Kitten" by The Kelly Deal 6000 - LOVE the movie May - Great scene too... I just had to download this song based on the connotations...

"Stuck in the Middle with You" by Steelers Wheel - Wow, can't believe I haven't brought this up yet (or Tarantino in general) - Tarantino was really the first director that made me pay attention to songs in movies and how they impact mood... Also how the movie impacts listening to these songs...

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
I have seen Ghostbusters more times than I have seen any other movie. I quit counting at 100, and that was before I was 10 years old.

This scene, and the music with it, still fills me with dread. I've said it elsewhere before, but it's the beginning of the End (both of the world and of the movie). You just know the big showdown with the big boss is right around the corner.

As a side note, if you've ever heard the complete soundtrack to Ghostbusters, this song is weird as hell. This cool part is probably less than 1/5 of the whole song. The rest of it sounds like if Hall & Oates did the soundtrack to The Neverending Story.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:36 AM
HDC Idol

^^ Awesome reference - What I always remember about Ghostbusters is that it is truly dark in some parts (Winston quoting "And the seas boiled...")

Definitely an unsettling scene.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
^^ Awesome reference - What I always remember about Ghostbusters is that it is truly dark in some parts (Winston quoting "And the seas boiled...")

Definitely an unsettling scene.
Great scene, one of my favorites. Driving across the Brooklyn Bridge with the Twin Towers in the background. Talking about Judgement Day.

It was always a very serious moment in the film, but perhaps made a bit more poignant these days. Regardless, I love that shot of New York, and Ghostbusters is certainly a very New York movie. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the last line of the film (besides random chatter during the credits) is, "I love this town!"

Sorry if I went off on a tangent there, but that Magic song has always filled me with dread and , to me, is still one of the best uses of a song in a movie ever.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Evil Puppy

I also liked the use of Patsy Cline and "Jesus Loves Me" in Phantoms. There are quite a few more but I had to throw the Breakfast Club in there as soon as I saw this thread.

Last edited by Despare; 07-18-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Cranky

This clip was actually posted on the first page of this thread, but the video has been deleted, so I thought I'd post it again.

Things that impress me about this clip:
Watch Dennis Hopper as he mouths the lyrics to the song. You can really feel the pain behind his eyes, which lends a lot of depth to his character.
Watch the guy on the couch in the back. He's moving in slow motion. Everyone around him is at regular speed- it's just him in slow mo.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 08-14-2014, 07:17 AM
HDC Idol

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard. I'd fuck me so hard.

Old 10-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Extreme in Everything

How about True Faith by New Order in 1 Lunatic, 1 Ice Pick?
Old 10-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Evil Dead

"Tiptoe Through the Tulips" from Insidious.