Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-29-2014, 02:29 PM
No, fuck YOU

Okay, here we go.

"The Purge: Anarchy" 7/10

Pretty entertaining sequel, tho I gotta admit i liked the first one better. Not a big home invasion fan, but I just found it more exciting altogether.

"Dead Snow: Red vs. Dead" 8-9/10

More comedy and less horror compared to the first one, but just as good. I was laughing my ass off several times. To me both movies are very clever horror and comedy wise. Totally a fan of this director and his crew, altho it's only for this franchise. The rest i've seen is either not very good or too low budget and cheesy to be really enjoyable.

"Father's Day" 6-7/10

Speaking of cheesy.
How many dicks can there be in 1 movie? A lot. It's Troma.

The cover alone made me think of "Hobo With a Shotgun" and actually it wasn't far from it. Just crazier and lamer.

The Story: A priest, a homo and a hobo goes on a hunt for a disgusting fat fella who rapes and eats dads. Jup, but that's just the first half. Then the writers ran out of their medication... The ending was hilarious.

"The Signal" (2014) 5/10

A very slow moving syfy thriller with Laurence Fishburne playing his usual calm old self. Seriously, has there been a movie since King of New York where Fishburne hasn't played the role as Morpheus??
Oh well, the movie does have a big twist ending, but at that time that just isn't enough to make it all worthwhile.

"Under the Skin" 5/10

The days in the life of a man-eating alien.

Very Kubrick indeed. Just not the good Kubrick. This is more like "Eyes Wide Shut" Kubrick, which I personally really, really disliked.

From beginning to end this artsy experience moves in snail pace, with Scarlett Johansson in the lead role having half as many lines as Ryan Gosling did in Drive. The movie does have a couple of nice "horror" scenes, tho both are within the first 35 minutes.
But if you wanna see Scarlett Johansson naked, this is certainly the movie for you. ;)

Last edited by Angra; 07-29-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Evil is Better

Olympus Has Fallen

So unrealistic but so much fun. Gerard Butler really should stick to action movies like this. I really liked it.

4/5

Snowpiercer

This was incredible. Such a great story that could not have been played out better. I couldn't look away from the screen I was so enthralled by this film. The performances were excellent, especially from Chris Evans who pulls out an Oscar worthy performance. Easily one of my top 20 favorite movies of all time.

5/5

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

This was really good. I still can't get over how good the CGI was. Some of the best I've seen. There were a lot of awe inspiring moments and the movie does a great job at making you care about Caesar. Some aspects of the plot are nothing new but they're played out in a fun exciting way especially the action packed ending. Koba makes a great villain.

4/5

Old 07-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra;974493
"The Signal" (2014) 5/10

A very slow moving syfy thriller with Laurence Fishburne playing his usual calm old self. Seriously, has there been a movie since King of New York where Fishburne hasn't played the role as Morpheus??
Oh well, the movie does have a big twist ending, but at that time that just isn't enough to make it all worthwhile.

[IMG
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p17/Kasper_76/undertheskin_zpsce85037d.jpg[/IMG]
Where can I find The Signal? I really wanted to see it, but no theaters near me were showing it.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:45 PM
Evil Dead

7/10

7/10

6/10

9/10
Old 07-29-2014, 06:12 PM
Evil Dead

I watched American Psycho again today. It's in my top five movies :P
Old 07-29-2014, 07:17 PM
Evil Dead

Great reviews, Angra and Villain. That's a good batch. Thanks for taking the time. Now I really want to watch Dead vs Red and Snowpiercer.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:58 PM
Misanthrope

Locke

Excellent one man show. One of the more engaging films I've seen in a long time. This flick really excelled at making a minimalist plot something huge. Well worth a look.

Big Bad Wolves

Darkly humorous and twisted. I really enjoyed it.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

A solid entry to the series that didn't disappoint at all although I thought the film before it was better. Looking forward to seeing more.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:09 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post

Big Bad Wolves

Darkly humorous and twisted. I really enjoyed it.
Been meaning to check this one out

Old 07-30-2014, 02:10 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
Great reviews, Angra and Villain. That's a good batch. Thanks for taking the time. Now I really want to watch Dead vs Red and Snowpiercer.
Definitely check out Snowpiercer.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:20 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Definitely check out Snowpiercer.
Agreed.

Although not a whole lot in here think it's all that. Might just be the two of us, so far.

Tags
movie