Old 06-25-2019, 01:32 PM
病気の

Child's Play, 2019. 6/10

Director: Lars Klevberg

I kinda liked this POS. : ) Chucky was a creepy sneaky fuck. He was very bullied in this, glad he flipped out on some of these people. I was entertained.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:58 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I agree, better to get a guy in his 30s who can do action scenes. Craig was impressive (physical motion) his first film at 38. Who do you think would be a good Bond?
No clue really. First they have to decide if they are going to continue with having Bond be whoever is popular or wins an audition. And modernize Bond as the years go. Or find a Bond actor who actually looks like the character as described in the books. And not just have fans debate who is closest to the books.

Personally, I think it might be too late to stick with the books. And they seem to want to get a director who they can control and still use some of their people on certain jobs. Which seems to be why the 28 Days Later director left.

I kind of agree with some people out there that make the argument that we might never see a good run of Bond movies anymore. I think Goldeneye was the start of the new production and the movies have been hit or miss since. Mostly miss. At least the long stretch of Roger Moore movies are consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
Seoul Station Good stuff. Good introduction to Train To Busan, although I would recommend watching both on separate occasions.

Like it's sequel, it does a good job at making you care about the characters (though the overacting is a bit silly at times, the first victims in particular). I've rarely seen an animated film this dark and grim, but it worked well, just like the twist towards the end.

8/10
Thanks I never heard of this either and haven't got around to Train to Busan yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
Happy Death Day - When you watch a bad horror-film, at least it's usually so bad that you can laugh at it. Meh-films are worse since they don't even offer that. And this one was a meh-film.

*edit* The one thing that could have redeemed it a bit was a Bill Murray-cameo. But nope.
I thought Happy Death Day became better after the first 30 or so minutes.

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 06-26-2019 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:26 AM
病気の

HI - Death, 2018. 7/10

Directed by
Anthony Catanese
Amanda Payton
Tim Ritter
Todd Sheets
Brad Sykes

Thumb resize.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:40 AM
basementdwellingnay-sayer

Beyond the Gates

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4687358...2?ref_=nv_sr_2
I dig this movie.

I watched a bunch of movies the last 2 days. Beyond the Gates, Gator Green, Purgatory Road, the Barn and Theta Girl. All of them were good. I like Beyond the Gates and Gator Green best though. Gator Green is a short, it's only like 15 or 20 minutes long.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2903900/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I tried to post pics but it came out way too big.

Last edited by Mile; 06-27-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:40 AM
Evil Dead

HOUSE OF THE GORGON (2019). Indie film we saw last Saturday at the MONSTER BASH convention that has Caroline Munro, Martine Beswicke, Veronica Carlson and Christopher Neame (DRACULA AD 1972). Sure it's meant to be an homage to Hammer Films and most of the time, it did well, although the villagers look more like a Sergio Leone western. Obviously, the budget and schedule were very low, but it's not bad overall. Lots of In-Jokes and nice to see the Veteran actresses going for it, especially Martine (who was an absolute delight when we met her) and Caroline. ***
Old 06-28-2019, 03:43 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile View Post
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4687358...2?ref_=nv_sr_2
I dig this movie.

I watched a bunch of movies the last 2 days. Beyond the Gates, Gator Green, Purgatory Road, the Barn and Theta Girl. All of them were good. I like Beyond the Gates and Gator Green best though. Gator Green is a short, it's only like 15 or 20 minutes long.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2903900/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I tried to post pics but it came out way too big.
Yeah "Beyond the Gates" definitely had an 80's-90's vibe.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:43 PM
basementdwellingnay-sayer

"Yeah "Beyond the Gates" definitely had an 80's-90's vibe."

I like the story too. The lady on the tape is creepy. The voodoo doll part was cool too.
I really miss VHS video rental places too. Looking around at all the box covers before deciding which one I want to rent. I wonder if there are any video rental stores left in the US even if its all dvds or bluray I don't live there anymore so I don't know. I heard everybody has netfllix now.

Last edited by Mile; 06-28-2019 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:45 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile View Post
"Yeah "Beyond the Gates" definitely had an 80's-90's vibe."

I like the story too. The lady on the tape is creepy. The voodoo doll part was cool too.
I really miss VHS video rental places too. Looking around at all the box covers before deciding which one I want to rent. I wonder if there are any video rental stores left in the US even if its all dvds or bluray I don't live there anymore so I don't know. I heard everybody has netfllix now.
I remember the lady on the tape but not the voodoo doll. Have to do a rewatch. I miss the video store experience as well. Used to go every friday nite with my kids and pick out treats as well.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:52 AM
病気の

Annabelle Comes Home, 2019. 5/10

Director: Gary Dauberman

Thumb resize.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:24 PM
Evil Dead

Apart from a few moments, The Perfection did not do all that much for me.

The romance was well built up, though that idea makes less sense in retrospect. Then again, more things in the story do.

On the other hand, Alison Williams does a good psycho. If Hollywood has a remake on the books for Fatal Attraction or Single White Female, it would be interesting to cast her.

Tags
movie