Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicklibra View Post
Anyone else think as above so below was a total piece of garbage with a good concept? There is a full review on my web page ofpipesandpens.com
No
Old 11-10-2014, 11:04 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Jessabelle (2014)

Good story and there were some decently done creepy set-pieces but overall not as much scary as I thought. And for that I think the thriller aspect or that mystery surrounding about the ghost's identity dominates the 2nd half more than the horror aspect or scare parts. Nevertheless, it was a good flick and I liked it.

But there's one thing that's bugging me....

**SPOILER AHEAD**
May be the ritual had something to do with it but how come a ghost or a spirit grows old over the years? According to our known myth about the ghosts...the aging for a spirit or a soul stops just at the point of death but here the original Jessabelle dies as an infant but her corporal ghost returns as a young woman to haunt & posses the other Jessabelle! I understand it'd suck but they could work with an idea something like this...only her boyfriend dies in the car crush, the unborn child somehow or miraculously left unharmed and then when a devastated Jessi returns to her childhood home the infant ghost of the original Jessi starts to haunt her & tries to posses the body of her newly born child...:halloween:

>>: B+

Ouija (2014)

As a for a teen horror flick, surprising it turned out a decent time waster. Liked the way they kept it all simple & there wasn't any annoying character at least. Expected the final showdown would be more atmospheric & creepy but anyway, overall it was okay & fairly entertaining.

>>: B

Last edited by roshiq; 11-10-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:45 AM
Evil Dead

VAN HELSING (2004). Had heard this was bad, but words did not do justice! Way too much CGI and it wore me out with all the stupid never ending action scenes. Decent Univewrsal like opening, but all downhill afterwards. Avoid this and watch something better. *
Old 11-11-2014, 01:36 AM
the sickest libra you kno

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
No
How can you not that was probably the most stereotypical movie i have seen in years. Every character embodied those sad moronic people who have no idea what to do. And it even seemed to rip doom at one point.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:37 AM

I thought shrooms was a pretty good head tri though.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:31 AM
Great with a machete

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I actually had to stop watching this one partway through, and pretty early at that. I stopped watching after F because I didn't want to suffer through about 20 more segments. Only 1 or 2 of the segments I watched were passable, A and D. I don't think it's fair for me to grade this since I didn't finish it, but I don't ever plan to watch the rest of this movie.
I can totally see where you're coming from, F for Fart was incredibly bad and left a bad taste in my mouth. However, though it stands out as the weakest short-film in the anthology.. there were a handful that I felt were worth watching. Many disagree with me, but I still feel that the second film was considerably stronger and contained a broader variety of horror themes that suited my tastes. Not the best movie ever, but blows the first one out of the water for sure.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:36 AM
Great with a machete

Jersey Shore Massacre

Okay, so I wasn't expecting much in watching this "film". I've only seen a few episodes of that trashy "reality" tv series, but I was at least hoping for a good tanning bed related death and I got what I wanted. The movie as a whole was rather awful, but there is a brief scene where the idiots sit down to watch a movie called "Fat Camp Massacre" featuring a fantastic character called "Cupcake the Clown" and THAT was truly the highlight of the movie!! I seriously demand that they make "Fat Camp Massacre" a real thing because that was totally golden and I'd love to see that! This movie though, utterly terrible.. aside from the excellent movie-watching scene with the epic cupcake clown "cuttin calories the ol fashioned way".
Old 11-11-2014, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
Jersey Shore Massacre

Okay, so I wasn't expecting much in watching this "film". I've only seen a few episodes of that trashy "reality" tv series, but I was at least hoping for a good tanning bed related death and I got what I wanted. The movie as a whole was rather awful, but there is a brief scene where the idiots sit down to watch a movie called "Fat Camp Massacre" featuring a fantastic character called "Cupcake the Clown" and THAT was truly the highlight of the movie!! I seriously demand that they make "Fat Camp Massacre" a real thing because that was totally golden and I'd love to see that! This movie though, utterly terrible.. aside from the excellent movie-watching scene with the epic cupcake clown "cuttin calories the ol fashioned way".
That is a great idea... Id watch something like that. Speaking of cutting calories the old fashioned way what was your take on thinner? I personally thought the blood pie scene had to be the highlight.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:44 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
How can you not that was probably the most stereotypical movie i have seen in years. Every character embodied those sad moronic people who have no idea what to do. And it even seemed to rip doom at one point.
If you could learn how to type a sentence, I would take you more seriously.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:51 AM
Great with a machete

Quote:
That is a great idea... Id watch something like that. Speaking of cutting calories the old fashioned way what was your take on thinner? I personally thought the blood pie scene had to be the highlight.
I liked it, and I agree about the blood pie. Great casting too! It has to be one of the better adaptations of a King novel, in my opinion. My personal favourite, is "Needful Things".

Last edited by Manimal; 11-11-2014 at 03:53 AM.

Tags
movie