Old 09-01-2020, 08:33 AM
Licking

Len sidled up and settled into the stool next to me. I hadn't seen him since "Strangulation Night at Bobby's". The leather on the stool made its leather-fart sound as he adjusted his ass. The bar was half empty. He could have seated himself anywhere else and it would have been fine with me. "Dear God, please don't let him start with the tales of woe", I thought as pulled on my gin and ginger. The ice in my glass hadn't even stopped doing their jingling when I heard him take in a deep breath. He was gonna start talking. Before he could speak, I gave him this. "Len, last night I lashed myself to the helm, as I sensed it was time to become undone. That is nothing compared to what is going to happen if you attempt to tell me another cat story." I stared him down until he took a seat in one of the booths. Problem was solved. Next.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:01 PM
ventricle

Len sat down across from me in my booth, which is shaped like two licorice incisors facing each other. He had a tall glass of Anisette, but his continence was not as sweet. Before Len opened his mouth to bemuse me with fresh frisky stories of his lolcat, I said to him, "Lenmussen! I have to tell you, last night I lashed myself at my helm. Then I lashed myself at the bow, at stern, in the mess hall, and then lashed myself ever so slightly just before my long late night shift at the helm of the ship. There, I latched myself to the helm, because I was expecting some rough seas, and I didn't want to get blown overboard."

Old 09-01-2020, 06:20 PM
Licking

lash·ing
/ˈlaSHiNG/
Learn to pronounce
noun
plural noun: lashings
an act or instance of whipping.
"I threatened to give him a good lashing!"

a cord used to fasten something securely.
Old 09-01-2020, 07:11 PM
Licking

transitive verb

lashed, lash·ing, lash·es
To secure or bind, as with a rope, cord, or chain.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:38 PM
ventricle

I know you were using lashing correctly. I know the definition and that 'lashed myself to the helm' is a common phrase used for centuries, I've read and heard it many times. I even looked it up before my prose for a little research. I was just humoring myself with how lashing could be misunderstood in the modern vernacular.

Old 09-01-2020, 09:04 PM
Licking

Understood, Ed. Just working off some humor off of your humor. I appreciate your input. Len. He has always been the loquacious one. Perhaps we should get together and visit Len on "Throttle Len Night at Bobby's"
Old 09-13-2020, 05:42 PM
ventricle

Poohdawg the Clown joined Hufflepuff. It wasn't the affluent house. But he knew what sort of sorcerers to sort out, sort of. His mother was a clown. And a damn good one. But what a wizard his father was. He could ride those coattails, or fit as many as possible in that car. So why not join his buddy, Mowgli, who was left outside, and raised by the jungle wizards? Better halfblooded than be tainted by Kaa in Slytherin.

Old 12-25-2020, 09:51 AM
Licking

Snowing like crazy in Pittsburgh, Pa. " Le Tits Now"
Old 02-07-2021, 08:25 AM
ventricle

It's getting cold, down by the banks of the Ohio. That's where I took my love to stroll, down beside where the ice does flow. She will not open up to me. Says she can only offer company. Three months same, she stills comes over. If I reach out, then I'm the bother.

Old 05-16-2021, 08:30 AM
Licking

Shent Tantoon und his sister Elaine watched and re-watched "Shemmie's Jail Bait" to such an extent that they both forgot to take in sustenance. Shent would explain, saying, "If this is my first time being here, then I am destined to become everyone. If it is my last time to be here, then I am finally no one. Ecstasy."