Old 01-15-2021, 08:51 AM
Little Boo

Questions About The Empty Man **SPOILER ALERT**

I'm totally confused about the Empty Man, so forgive the silly questions...

1. So, the Empty Man is basically a demon that the Pontifix cult worships who can be summoned when blowing into something while standing on a bridge?

2. I understand that Paul was the first "tulpa" used to channel the Empty Man into the real world, but what did he do while they were hiking to be chosen? That just seems kind of random

3. Amanda says that the Pontifix cult "created" James to be the next tulpa after Paul and all of his memories were fake; What does she mean they "created" him......was he just some random guy the Pontifix cult took off the street and brainwashed him?

4. Explain the whispering; What was the significance of it each time it would happen?
Old 01-26-2021, 05:20 PM
Shambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton View Post
I'm totally confused about the Empty Man, so forgive the silly questions...

1. So, the Empty Man is basically a demon that the Pontifix cult worships who can be summoned when blowing into something while standing on a bridge?

2. I understand that Paul was the first "tulpa" used to channel the Empty Man into the real world, but what did he do while they were hiking to be chosen? That just seems kind of random

3. Amanda says that the Pontifix cult "created" James to be the next tulpa after Paul and all of his memories were fake; What does she mean they "created" him......was he just some random guy the Pontifix cult took off the street and brainwashed him?

4. Explain the whispering; What was the significance of it each time it would happen?
This is my take on it and I could of course be wrong:

1. Pretty much. I guess don't blow whistles on a bridge?

2. The only thing I took from it is that he looked at the body in the cave and that was enough to "possess" him. Given that I don't know why they couldn't just do the same with a random stranger by putting him in front of Paul in the hospital, I don't remember any explanation along those lines. I think because the movie needed it to happen that way.

3. They said they wished him into being from nothing by concentrating on his invented "life". I believe that idea was taken from some eastern mythology where things or events can be wished into being through mindfulness and concentration.

4. I believe what you're referring to is the whispering done by the cult to wish James into being and he was hearing that because they used it to create him.

Those are my interpretations, I thought it was a bit thin on reasoning and plot. It was at least a bit better than a standard legend based horror (which is what is seemed to start out as) but overall a bit weak.

Cheers
Old 07-31-2021, 02:23 AM
Immortal horror fan

Anyone else watch this one?