Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-03-2017, 10:10 AM
Horror Fan

Did you like Alien Covenant?

Old 07-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Penthouse Pauper

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas-2008. That ending was unexpected, it's been awhile since a movie has upset me in such a way.

Last edited by SerialKiller; 07-03-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:42 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Did you like Alien Covenant?
It was a fine film in terms of visuals & effects.

As for story and continuing the alien storyline, meh. So much anticipation built up after the Prometheus debacle and Scott just rehashes the same story with elements of the original Alien thrown in.
Neither the Neomorph nor the Xenomorph were scary, and we had another crew of 15 for which nobody cared about. At least Elizabeth Shaw had a strong vibe going in Prometheus, whereas Daniels was just another crew member in Covenant. Disappointing.
The only one who did anything worth his salt was Fassbender, but there's only so much one talent can do, in a film designed to dazzle and make you go oohs and aahs by throwing a Xenomorph into the fray.
Ridley has definitely lost his touch. High time someone replaces him and continues the mythology. I dread to imagine what all they will conjure up for the 3rd part, and connect it with the original Alien. Whatever it will be, I am sure we should brace ourselves for another disappointment.

My rating would be 2 and half stars. I think I liked Prometheus better than this one, plotholes aside.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:53 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

As for story and continuing the alien storyline, meh. So much anticipation built up after the Prometheus debacle and Scott just rehashes the same story with elements of the original Alien thrown in.
Neither the Neomorph nor the Xenomorph were scary, and we had another crew of 15 for which nobody cared about. At least Elizabeth Shaw had a strong vibe going in Prometheus, whereas Daniels was just another crew member in Covenant. Disappointing.
The only one who did anything worth his salt was Fassbender, but there's only so much one talent can do, in a film designed to dazzle and make you go oohs and aahs by throwing a Xenomorph into the fray.
Ridley has definitely lost his touch. High time someone replaces him and continues the mythology. I dread to imagine what all they will conjure up for the 3rd part, and connect it with the original Alien. Whatever it will be, I am sure we should brace ourselves for another disappointment.

My rating would be 2 and half stars. I think I liked Prometheus better than this one, plotholes aside.
In a way it was like a slasher, introducing characters just to kill them off one by one in gruesome fashion. But that being said: spines out!

Old 07-04-2017, 06:01 PM
病気の

The Belko Experiment, 2016. 6/10

Old 07-04-2017, 08:27 PM
病気の

I Spit on Your Grave III, 2015. 5/10

Thumb resize.

Clearly the worst of the three with II being the superior.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:56 PM
病気の

Genesis, 1998. 10/10

Thumb resize.

Such an amazing piece of cinema. Masterpiece. Always gets me when I watch it. Always new.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

Couldn't agree more! After all these years, Ridley tried to give us an Alien origin story...and surprised or actually disappointed to see him came up with this lame idea of an android went rogue & created this whole mess! Miserably killing off the Engineers from the plot (expected to see & know more about them), this movie was more of like a daring fan-effort with their own convoluted version of a forced origin story rather than something came out from the original writer & director of the franchise.
Instead of wasting time & money on this so called "origin trilogy" or whatever, I think it'd be lot better & interesting if they launched an anthology-style 3 or 4 part independent series with different promising directors i.e. Neill Blomkamp, Denis Villeneuve, Matt Reeves or Daniel Espinosa (the guy who made a solid Alien-esque sci-fi horror LIFE this year!) to treat the Alien mythology in their own way.

Last edited by roshiq; 07-04-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:29 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Movies Seen when HDC was down!

A Man Called Ove (2015)

Ove, an ill-tempered, isolated retiree who spends his days enforcing block association rules and visiting his wife's grave, has finally given up on life just as an unlikely friendship develops with his boisterous new neighbors.

A wonderfully moving comedy-drama from Sweden, nominated for Best Foreign language film category in Oscar 2017. Loved it!

>>: A-

One Man & his Cow aka La Vache (2016)

After years of applying for it, Fatah, an Algerian peasant from an obscure village, finally gets an invitation to attend & take his beloved cow 'Jacqueline' to the Paris agricultural fair and competition. With the help of his fellow villagers, Jacqeline and Fatah crosses the Mediterranean and start walking across France for Paris. Fatah meets many good people who helps him for his innocence & determination.

A delightful, feelgood French comedy.

>>: B+

Last edited by roshiq; 07-05-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:42 AM
Evil Dead

Tags
movie