Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions

Old 12-20-2017, 06:58 PM
Living Dead

OMG! OMG! OMG! I found it!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064393/

The Green Slime

I mean, I remember the monster being actually made of goo, not being in a rubber suit; and I don't remember the legs and feet, extra eyes, the one eye being red, etc. But....there can't be two movies with that plot.

Thanks, madsciencewillow I probably wouldn't have found this if I hadn't have been looking at Space: 1999 stuff. It was looking promising for a while.

Last edited by The Shroud; 12-20-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:46 AM
Little Boo

Please help identify film - fog, ships, b&w, cult

New here, but hoping you lot can help me recall a movie that is stuck in my mind. I recall watching it in the 70's along with dozens of other old horror films, but I cannot find the title to this one. All I can remember is that it involved a ship that got lost in a fog bank, the ship got stuck in some sort of floating growth that had also ensnared ships over the years in the fog bank. The survivors rigged weather balloons to themselves and walked across the water on life preservers to explore other ships. Eventually, they found one that appeared to be (Spanish?) from the 1400's I believe, wherein there was a 'tribe' of residents feeding a 'monster' down in a hold (similar to that desert pit Jabba was throwing people into). The film was black and white, no notable names that I can recall, likely shot in the 50's or 60's (perhaps earlier). Any ideas?
Old 01-11-2018, 10:52 AM
Little Boo

Search function first....then ask.

The Lost Continent (1968) and it was in color, my memory is fading.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:38 PM
Little Boo

Question Help! Decapitated head/other revealed under dome cover of serving tray

Someone was trying to describe being served a covered dish where the waiter lifted off a silver domed cover to reveal what was underneath, like 'voila!' and she said, "like what you see in horror movies with a head underneath" and we all knew what she meant, but I can't seem to FIND any of those movies.

There's a lot of decapitated heads, but wherefore are these movies that make them so iconic for 'the cloche' (the cover, sometimes silver but also sometimes glass and bell-shaped under which, yes, I can think of numerous references like "They Saved Hitler's Brain"...)

...but I'm looking for the serving of a covered plate, platter, at a dinner table, feast, etc that reveals a head (or other horrific object).

Is this just a John the Baptist/Head on a Platter thing and we're all projecting it as a horror movie trope? Or can anyone think of such horror movies.

Thanks for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg silver cloche.jpg (13.6 KB, 20 views)
Old 02-05-2018, 04:46 PM
Little Boo

Cool Name of film/show

Looking for horror/scifi twist.

A guy outside a bar using a payphone is rushed by a bunch of people or kids.

He then takes the bus to a tall tower, it has a distorted reality / acid trip feel to it.

That is all I can remember.

It was on the SYFY channel and it aired in 2 parts. Or it aired as an original movie. Can't recall it was in the late 90s early 2000s.

Last edited by h0rr0rsh0w; 02-05-2018 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:42 PM
Living Dead

I don't really know, but this Ranker says it's got all the syfy channel movies.

https://www.ranker.com/list/all-syfy...e-movies-lists
Old 02-07-2018, 11:26 AM
Little Boo

Cool

I've been looking obsessively at that list for years trying to find it lol. still can't find it even on that list. I don't know if it was syfy original made for sure. It did air on the channel though.

By the way the severed head on the tray.

You may be looking for Creep Show.

Thumb resize.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:41 PM
Little Boo

Name that Old Horror Movie?

Hello Movie Enthusiasts,

Looking for a horror B-movie from sometime between late 60s to the mid-70s, maybe to the late 70s, to the best of my knowledge. Can't remember if it was a theater movie or TV movie release. I remember seeing it on television, never saw it at the theater.

One of the scenes (think near the end) involves a women who is attack by a tree or plant with blood/fluid sucking branches after she walk out into a garden area of a house. The scene shows the branches attacking her being emptied of fluids leaving what looks like a dried up corpse afterwards. Think this tree/plant has several victims in the movie.

Thought it was the movie Frogs (1972) where all sorts of mutated creatures live on the island, but the plot doesn't mention the woman and blood sucking tree.

Thanks,
RZanrico
Old 02-23-2018, 08:11 PM
A VERY OLD BROAD

1967 European made file - Island Of The Doomed

Starred Cameron Mitchell as a scientist who developed carniverous plant as well as a vampire tree.

HELL IN A DRESS!
Old 03-02-2018, 05:07 PM
Little Boo

Creepy Blood Sucking Tree

Hi Martha,

It sounds like it might be the right one. Island of the Doomed sounds familiar. It appears I am not the only one who was looking for that movie. Found it on the reddit dot com /r/movies website. But, that post was 7 years old.
Blood sucking trees/vines? What movie was this?
"All I can recall of it, was that there was an old house with a big tree outside one of the windows. At night, the tree would extend a limb into the window and suck the blood out of the hapless sleeping victim."
I distinctly remember a woman who stepped out on the back patio of the house and the tree got its way with her. Sucking the blood out, until she looked like a shrunken prune.

That surely frightened me as a little kid. Can you imagine how much more a scene like that with today's special effects would scar a young child's mind.

RZanrico

Tags
#demon #possession, 70's, 80's, advice, afterlife, alcohol, asylum, b&w, bad acting, body parts, cant find film, cemetary, children, classic horror movies, cloche, closet, creepy woman, cult, dead, demon, dog, doll, early 2000s, experimental, factory, film, film name, finding, fog, found footage, funny, ghost, ghosts, giallo, girl, god, gothic, gun, guy, haunted, haunted house, haunted painting, head on platter, help needed, helpme, horror, horror movie, horror movies, horror. japanese horror, house, indie film, indie horror, judgment night, korean, korean horror gates, laughable horror, monster, movie, movie help critics, movie name, movie still, movie title, murder, near-death experience, obscure, paranormal, possessed, question, radio devil nuns evil, red, room, scary movie, scene, search film, sex scene, ship, suicide, summon, supernatural, the gate, title, urgent, weird, white noise, witch, woman, woods