Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music

Old 05-30-2010, 03:39 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Hm, well I've been wanting to start the most intense metal band of all time. Probably our name would be Entrails Forever or Vomited Entrails or maybe Death by Entrails. Not sure yet; I'm kicking a few different ones around. Anyway, we'd burn at least one guitar every show, so if you want to join you're more than welcome.

This would also provide the perfect environment to ruin your guitar.

Practice is on Wednesdays at 6:30.
umm I'm pretty sure I should sing, I have this video I could send you where the guitarist in my last band and myself were making pure magic. it was like noise meets scream meets experimental awesome... it also sounded like a murder apparently because police were called.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:12 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
umm I'm pretty sure I should sing, I have this video I could send you where the guitarist in my last band and myself were making pure magic. it was like noise meets scream meets experimental awesome... it also sounded like a murder apparently because police were called.
Haha, too bad you're not around much anymore because I would love to see this.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:10 AM
From The Beyond

Between 1997 and 2000 I used to play keyboard plus write and record music. It was atmospheric instrumental music (my lyrics at that stage and my voice were diabolically bad so that's why I went intrumental) we (a mate was my producer and guitarist) also used guitars, flute and violins. I wish I'd kept at it cos there's no way I'd be that creative now though I think my stuff would have been suitable for horror soundtracks. Sigh-huge regrets about this lately.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Misanthrope

Just slowly get back into it. You can download free recording programs like Audacity and mess round with stuff.

I'm working on some instrumental/noise stuff at the moment. Somewhat inspired by horror soundtracks but with the main intention of creating an ugly and disturbing atmosphere.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:59 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Just slowly get back into it. You can download free recording programs like Audacity and mess round with stuff.

I'm working on some instrumental/noise stuff at the moment. Somewhat inspired by horror soundtracks but with the main intention of creating an ugly and disturbing atmosphere.
Good luck with the stuff you are doing-sounds great. When I started I wasn't really trying to create disturbing atmospheres-the music I made just turned out that way lol I guess even back then horror soundtracks must have been influencing me although nothing ever went beyond demo quality (I still have a demo cd and demo tape of the music. I will look into those programs but I am starting from scratch now as my keyboard is ancient and needs replacing plus my mate had the master tapes and I lost touch with him a while back when he moved to Leeds. But considering it is probably a lot easier these days to record your own music I may get there given a bit of time. Thanks for the encouragement :)