Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows

Old 08-26-2015, 02:29 AM
Evil Dead

Top 11 New Halloween Classics - Nostalgia Critic

We all have our favorites, but here are the ones deserving of even more attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBoNy_sUWh8
Old 08-26-2015, 02:53 AM
Horror > Everything

That's a pretty solid list! Not a fan of a few of the titles ( Saw, Paranormal Activity ), but that list includes some brilliant movies. It's nice to see Murder Party and Coraline mentioned ANYWHERE!
Old 08-26-2015, 02:31 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

I used to be an avid NC fan so I watched that when it was first posted. I usually agree with him but he kinda lost me on this list. Although his reasoning makes sense as always, I don't know. I guess they're not all what I would call a new Halloween classic. Horror maybe, but not Halloween. ...And I still can't believe he included Halloween 3. The list went better as it went on though. The fact that he mentioned The Halloween Tree though made me smile. And in case you're wondering what number one was, it was Monster Squad.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 08-26-2015, 02:40 PM
Horror > Everything

Have to agree. I like ( sometimes love ) a lot of the movies listed but only a few would make my " Halloween " classic list. Coraline is a great example. i love the hell out of the movie but I don't consider it a staple for the Holiday. He should add Monster House to this vid! That one is a MUST see for Halloween.

Yeah, I scrolled the comments to find out Monster Squad was number one. Again, a movie I have a lot of affection for but don't equate it with October.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:48 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

I s'pose it also depends on the person and what they grow up with. I have a list for my yearly Halloween movie/special marathon, but some people may not think of as a Halloween film. Some don't even take place during Halloween but that was the time of year I watched them most so that is the year I associate them. I don't think that's how Critic took his list. As a movie critic he made a list of horror movies that deserve more attention in his eyes, and what better time of year to watch them than Halloween. For people like us though, Halloween is everyday so we're more nit picky.

Monster Squad wasn't great but wasn't bad. I only saw it once, but I gave my seal of approval for the werewolf and that was my only interest. Had a decent look, tortured soul, odd transformation, and of course the death scene that made you baww even though you knew it was coming anyway.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!