Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-10-2014, 11:33 AM
fanged menace

meh

half way through roadside...like phonebooth in the woods, not breaking any boundaries yet.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:44 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
Among Friends 2012

5/10. I was pumped for this and sadly let down. "Scream Queen" Danielle Harris' director debut about a group of people attending an 80's theme murder-mystery dinner party that goes awry. I thought the concept was fantastic, but terribly executed. All of the great ideas were there and it had a LOT of potential.. but it just fell completely flat. And the ending! How terrible. I think maybe she was overwhelmed with deadlines and didn't know how to finish up the story or something. What a mess. I must give her some credit for the cool concept and the intriguing direction she was going.. but must also shake my head for the complete mess she made of something that could have been spectacular.
I got to see this! You're right, I love the concept too.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Evil is Better

Tusk

So this was different. I think to enjoy this movie, you need to be a fan of Kevin Smith's work as it really doesn't cater to the non-fan. Even as a fan of his, I thought going in this would be a horror movie but it's really more of a disturbing dark comedy except it's not very funny. It is disturbing at parts and just weird in others. For this to have been a successful horror movie, the main character needed to be likable which he wasn't here. In movie's like this, the fear comes from putting yourself in the place of the main character and feeling what they feel but you can't do that when the main character is an insufferable douchebag. I really couldn't have cared less what happened to him. But despite some of the Kevin Smith weirdness and Johnny Depp's ridiculous cameo, it is actually entertaining and disturbing even with the dumb ending. Worth a watch if you're bored or a Kevin Smith fan.
5/10

Old 12-11-2014, 09:40 AM
HDC Idol

Yeah, the reviews I've heard echo a similar sentiment. I'm so interested in seeing it - I need to update the ol' Netflix queue!

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 12-11-2014, 09:42 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Yeah, the reviews I've heard echo a similar sentiment. I'm so interested in seeing it - I need to update the ol' Netflix queue!
I half expected you to comment and say how angry you were that I spoiled Johnny Depps role for you.

You should check it out. Its weird but interesting

Old 12-11-2014, 11:48 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I half expected you to comment and say how angry you were that I spoiled Johnny Depps role for you.

You should check it out. Its weird but interesting

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 12-11-2014, 12:47 PM
Evil Dead

Oculus' (2013)
-Karen Gillan

Plot:
A young woman is convinced that an antique mirror has supernatural powers and is responsible for the death and misfortune that her family has suffered. Her brother after years of counseling believes it's all in her mind.

Phantoms Review:
The film takes place in two different times: the present and eleven years ago.The two plots are told in parallel through flashbacks.
Becomes of this you really have to pay attention, but this is a well acted psychological/horror film.
The film is a bit of a slow burn , but it's well made and keeps your intrest. No real major BOO! scenes , but a nice creepy atmosphere. If your a fan of gore or big FX , skip this one, this is more of a mind game.
I think my only big complaint is (possible *Spoilers*) that this is yet another horror film where the "bad guys" win, and you finish the film feeling kind of depressed, (end * Spoilers*).
Outside of that , it's a decent little movie, nothing great, but watchable.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Hahahahaha

Old 12-11-2014, 03:08 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomstranger View Post
Oculus' (2013)
-Karen Gillan

Plot:
A young woman is convinced that an antique mirror has supernatural powers and is responsible for the death and misfortune that her family has suffered. Her brother after years of counseling believes it's all in her mind.

Phantoms Review:
The film takes place in two different times: the present and eleven years ago.The two plots are told in parallel through flashbacks.
Becomes of this you really have to pay attention, but this is a well acted psychological/horror film.
The film is a bit of a slow burn , but it's well made and keeps your intrest. No real major BOO! scenes , but a nice creepy atmosphere. If your a fan of gore or big FX , skip this one, this is more of a mind game.
I think my only big complaint is (possible *Spoilers*) that this is yet another horror film where the "bad guys" win, and you finish the film feeling kind of depressed, (end * Spoilers*).
Outside of that , it's a decent little movie, nothing great, but watchable.
I thought it was fantastic. I've seen it 6 times, and it's my second favorite horror movie.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I thought it was fantastic. I've seen it 6 times, and it's my second favorite horror movie.
Wow you need to watch more horror movies then

Tags
movie