Old 11-16-2020, 11:57 PM
Little Boo

Movies with people hiding

Hey, I'm looking to find films with a specific psychological theme / plot line (this is not something I've seen and remember, I'm just looking for scenes that fit this idea)

Part 1 - basically, people are trying to hide because something is coming. It doesn't really matter how many people or what type of place they are in - just that the idea of them hiding / waiting is really clear and compelling. Maybe someone struggles to hide well...

Part 2 (can be a different movie) - the monster / demon bursts in. Needs to be a very frightening 'revelation' scene. Not necessarily a quick jump scare, but more of a horrific appearance, at a window, through a door or trapdoor etc. I know there is probably a lot to choose from, but anything that really stands out?

I'm really interested to see films that have either or both of these elements - it's for a Youtube project. I find the older more niche films a lot spookier and more psychological, so something vintage would be a bonus. As someone who's not seen that much horror, Google wasn't that helpful. The closest I got was Lurking Fear (1994). The general idea was there, but not the specifics.

If you can think of good examples of either of these please let me know! Thanks
Old 11-17-2020, 09:06 AM
No, fuck YOU

Isn't that pretty much the theme of It Comes at Night And A Quiet Place?
Old 11-17-2020, 10:43 AM
Little Boo

I'm watching It Comes At Night right now! To be honest, I think what I'm looking for is more likely to be 70s / 80s when they seemed to do more spooky existential stuff, even though it was goofier with bad special effects.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:41 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

i like it when people hide from pyramid head, and the silent hill abominations, when everything goes into hell mode, (in the movies and games),

i love the way people hide from the xenomorphs, predators, michael myers, and the werewolves in the howling...

Tags
hiding, lurking fear