View Single Post
Old 12-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
Since when does it require talent to be successful??This band is popular ONLY because it is pushed by a MAJOR record label and they have backing. Forced on MTV everyday what 11-17 year old doesnt buy whatever MTV force feeds them? Just listen to their guitar riffs or background music, its not BAD. Its just uninspired, rehashed, and lame. Ill admit that the SINGER has talent. But lets face it, those band members could(and probably should be) replaced by anyone and no one would notice.

Im just tired of bands like this with generic ass songs getting blasted with praise and record offers while ORIGINAL bands like Muse and Lecuna Coil (who are pretty decent BTW satanic, not something i would probably BUY but talented and you can HEAR it in ALL aspects of the songs) go on without publicity, major label backing, and decent management and end up slipping through the cracks unnoticed.

And more great music goes unheard and unwanted.....
So basicaly you think that anyone MY AGE "I happen to be 15" doesn't have a brain of thier own, and that the're going to buy anything that mtv says is "cool" Well I HATE most of the CRAP that mtv calls "Buzz Worthy" They ALWAYS OVERPLAY crap like-50 cent, rooney, the white stripes, the backstreet boys, The strokes, Beyonce, sean paul, J'lo, R kelly, etc.etc. guess what I DO HAVE A BRAIN and think that I know what I like!!!! Just because they tend to "overplay" a couple f bands that I like doesn't mean that MTV forced me to like them! I liked those bands BEFORE they started to "overplay"them!:mad:

Sorry Arioch,but I CAN'T STAND BEING STEREO TYPED!!!
I do hope that I didn't ofend you

Last edited by Wicked Lady; 12-14-2003 at 09:24 AM.