Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 10:32 PM
For Vendetta

Duchovny waiting for script for "X-Files 2"

It has been years since the rumors began, and now here we sit in 2007 still waiting for 20th Century Fox to get the cameras rolling on the long awaited X-Files 2, which has been teased to the fans non-stop this past year.

Today news came courtesy of David Duchovny from Showtime’s Television Critics Association event here in Los Angeles that the film is getting close and that a script has been completed.

The important points from the released article are -

* Duchovny says he’s supposed to get the script next week.

* Duchovny says the script is by Chris Carter (who created the series and wrote the last movie) and veteran series writer-producer Frank Spotnitz.

* Duchovny says Carter intends to make his big-screen directorial debut with the project.

* Duchovny says Gillian Anderson is aboard.

* Duchovny says the plan is for a 2008 release.

You can read the entire article here.

Transformers' newest star is in "Half To Death"

Straight off the box-office smash-hit Transformers, sexy star Megan Fox is set to star in Rogue Pictures' horror film Half to Death.

Finnish director Antti Jokinen is attached to helm the pic, which follows a young college freshman named Teresa, who is troubled when she discovers she is living the same day over and over again, one that starts out innocently enough but always ends with her brutal murder by an unknown attacker.

Megan Fox can be seen in the latest issue of Maxim for all you guys out there.;)

Newest trailers:-

I Know Who Killed Me (Releasing on July 27).

Behind The Scenes - Outpost (Coming Soon).
Old 07-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Crystal Lake Slasher

Many congratulations, Roderick. I hope it will be a huge blockbuster.

- Walter Savage Landor.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:23 AM
For Vendetta

Collector's Edition DVD of "Misery" is full of Featurettes

Liljas-Library scored details on a new DVD edition of Misery, one of the best Stephen King adaptations to hit the big screen.

The DVD will be released on October 2nd.

Special features include: -

- Widescreen Feature Film
- Feature Commentary by Director Rob Reiner
- Feature Commentary by screenwriter William Goldman
- Featurette: Misery Loves Company
- Featurette: Marc Shaiman's Musical Misery Tour
- Featurette: Diagnosing Annie Wilkes
- Featurette: Advice for the Stalked
- Featurette: Profile of a Stalker
- Featurette: Celebrity Stalkers
- Featurette: Anti-Stalking Laws
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Original Theatrical Teaser

Horror In Your House This Week: Fox Reloaded Bigtime

Forget everything else in this edition of Horror In Your House.

The Jim Carrey starrer Once Bitten is coming to DVD tomorrow in a special two-pack along with Vampire's Kiss, thanks to Fox Home Entertainment.

Also coming from Fox is the unrated edition of The Hills Have Eyes II (featuring loads more gore) and the long-delayed Perfect Creature.

Here is the full list :-

Basic Tsukamoto: Pathfinder

Filmmaker and actor Shinya Tsukamoto is one of the most celebrated cult figures in Japanese cinema. Creator of landmark films such as Tetsuo: The Iron Man and Gemini, Tsukamoto is revered not only in his home country, but around the globe as well. Join the renowned director as he recounts the evolution of his impressive career with archival footage of unreleased films, TV commercials and rarely seen recordings of his live shows.

Baxter: Lionsgate

In this chilling French horror film, the inner thoughts of a sociopathic bull terrier lead him to become an eager killer when he meets his ideal guardian - a young boy fascinated with Hitler. Lonely and introverted, this boy's macabre interest helps turn the all-too-willing canine into a thoroughbred killing machine.

Demon Hunting: Laguna Productions

A student at a prestigious private school is having visions about diabolical activities on campus.

Dream Slashers: Westlake

What happens when lusty women invade your dreams and your deepest fantasies start coming true? It may seem like a vision of paradise, but these vixens are out for blood, and knowing what's real and what's not is the difference between life and death.

FantasmaVolume 2: Bandai

Volume 2 of this series brings another trilogy of short films. In ONE SUMMER'S IMPRISONMENT, a fashion student's creation takes on a life of its own, leaving a trail of death that she may not be able to escape—also features IN THE LANGUAGE OF FLOWERS and ENVY.

Forest of the Dead: Elite

Heading off on a sunny afternoon, two groups of friends prepare for a weekend of fun at an isolated summer camp. But, when the first group disappears overnight, their perfect vacation becomes a perfect nightmare! As darkness falls, the campers are hunted and slaughtered, each transformed into murderous, cannibalistic creatures thirsty for human blood!

Ghost Gate: Laguna Productions

A group of students spend a weekend in an old castle where strange things start happening involving an evil presence.

Ghost Train: ADV Films

All aboard! – The train to hell is now departing. Nana thought her life was scary enough, but the train ride between all her responsibilities will prove to be the most horrifying part of her day. Somewhere, deep underground in the tunnel near Mizunashi Station, a dark spirit yearns for revenge. One by one, people begin to mysteriously disappear.

Haunted Boat: Lionsgate

Six teenagers board a small boat and head out for a weekend of fun and partying, oblivious to the vast sea and building swells. Suddenly, tragedy strikes, hurling the teens into blind panic. They try to head home but the engine won't start. Strange and inexplicable events follow, each increasingly more terrifying. Lost at sea with no way to communicate their plight, the teens struggle to survive an unseen enemy, only to be overcome by a pernicious evil at every turn.

The Hills Have Eyes II: Fox

A group of National Guard trainees find themselves battling against a vicious group of mutants on their last day of training in the desert.

Masters of Horror: The Black Cat: Anchor Bay

In this stylish thriller, famous American author and master of the macabre Edgar Allan Poe is suffering from a severe case of writer's block. To make matters worse, he's tormented by an evil black cat that's slowly driving him insane.

Mr. Halloween: York

In a small upstate New York town where children mysteriously go missing at an alarming rate, a strange man runs a haunted house each year at Halloween where it is rumored that the body parts of the missing are used as props. A bumbling local sheriff and an overly inquisitive teenage girl try to find the truth, but sometimes the truth hurts.

Once Bitten/Vampire’s Kiss: MGM/Fox

In ONCE BITTEN Comedy superstar Jim Carrey plays a hot-blooded teen who becomes the reluctant donor to a sultry and extremely thirsty nocturnal nymph in this funny, sexy, send-up of the horror genre!

In VAMPIRE’S KISS, Nicholas Cage is a publishing executive is visited and bitten by a vampire and starts exhibiting erratic behavior. He pushes his secretary to extremes as he tries to come to terms with his affliction.

Perfect Creature: Fox

An action-packed battle against man and beast! Half-man, Half-vampire, Pure Evil! Perfect Creature is set in a world where humans genetically engineer vampires to be the next step in their evolution. Chaos breaks loose when the delicate balance is destroyed by a virus that turns one species against the other. The only way to restore peace is for the two opposing races to work together to end the chaos.

The Promise Keeper: York

After an unusual African nail fetish statue arrives in a Chicago law firm, three overly ambitious attorneys fall under the influence of it s evil supernatural powers. When one of the lawyers is killed, the burden falls on the founding partner to unravel the mystery and stop the statues murderous reign. When he discovers that his 14-year-old daughter has driven a nail and sworn a sacred oath, he ll do anything to save her. But can a lawyer find the truth and honesty within himself necessary to defeat this ancient evil?

Sci-Fi Sinema (PROJECT: VALKYRIE, SPACEMEN & GO-GO GIRLS Double Feature, POLYMORPH, BAD MOVIE POLICE: HUMANOIDS FROM ATLANTIS): Tempe

Fat Cat DVD sets "phasers on stun" for the value-packed SCI-FI SINEMA 5-Pack! This low-priced set includes 5 science-fiction cult classics on 4 discs, complete with enough bonus features to fill several starships!

Skeeter/Xtro/Xtro II: Image

Three riveting sci-fi thrillers! A horrifying new breed of mosquito emerges from toxic waste contamination and imperils the Earth in the chilling SKEETER.

Family man Sam Phillips mysteriously disappears in XTRO and then re-emerges three years later as a monstrous alien.

The terror returns in XTRO II as two scientists who discover a gateway to another world unleash an unspeakable alien intruder on the Earth.

The 287th Hour: Victory Multimedia

How much lack of sleep can the human body endure? Studies have shown that the longest someone has gone without sleep was 288 hours or twelve days before dying. A cold blooded killer takes a group of people hostage and forces them to stay awake for twelve days. Now anyone who falls asleep dies. Will anyone live to see the 288th hour?

Some must-buys in there. Pick your choices and head to your nearest stores tomorrow. Happy purchasing and viewing, folks!

(Reference - bloody-disgusting.com, liljas-library.com, moviehole.net, variety.com)
Old 07-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Tenant

Wow! A few goodies in there...I'm eyeing the new Misery DVD and drooling...
Old 07-16-2007, 09:29 PM
For Vendetta

"Wrong Turn 2: Dead End" Unrated DVD Coming in October

Terror takes a frightening turn.

Fox Home Entertainment presents a graphic and disturbing homage to the 1980s splatter sequels when WRONG TURN 2: DEAD END comes around the bend on DVD October 9.

A film that “eagerly serves up the juicy stuff,” and is highly anticipated by horror fans, this chilling sequel to the surprise hit film returns to the woods of West Virginia; a backdrop for the new reality television show “The Apocalypse: Ultimate Survivalist.” As the contestants compete in various challenges to test their physical and mental prowess they soon find themselves in a fight for their lives as they are stalked and hunted by a family of mutant, inbred cannibals.

From first-time director Joe Lynch, recently named one of Gorezone magazine’s “Gore Group” - a list of audacious horror directors that included such notable names as Rob Zombie (Halloween, The Devils Rejects) and Eli Roth (Hostel, Cabin Fever), WRONG TURN 2: DEAD END features a talented cast of young horror veterans including Erica Leerhsen (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2), Texas Battle (Final Destination 3), Daniella Alonso (The Hills Have Eyes II, Hood of Horror), Crystal Lowe (Black Christmas, Snakes on a Plane), Aleksa Palladino (The Ring Two) and the incomparable Henry Rollins (Feast, Lost Highway).

Available only in an Unrated Edition featuring intense and shocking footage, WRONG TURN 2: DEAD END includes feature commentary from Rollins, Leerhsen and Lynch, an additional commentary track with writers Turi Meyer and Al Septien, behind-the-scenes featurettes and more.

DVD Special Features:

The WRONG TURN 2: DEAD END DVD is presented in widescreen (1.78:1) with English Dolby Surround 5.1, French & Spanish Dolby Stereo plus English and Spanish subtitles.

Bonus content includes:

- “More Blood, More Guts: The Making of Wrong Turn 2: Dead End” featurette

- “Making Gore Look Good” featurette

- “On Location With P-Nut”

- Feature commentary by director Joe Lynch and actors Erica Leerhsen and Henry Rollins

- Feature commentary by writers Turi Meyer and Al Septien

- Wrong Turn 2: Dead End Trailer

WRONG TURN 2: DEAD END is available for a suggested retail price of $26.98 U.S./ $37.98 Canada.

New "Death Sentence" poster has a kickass Kevin Bacon

I wasn't a huge fan of the first poster for 20th Century Fox's Death Sentence, which everyone has seen earlier in this thread, but the new poster is insanely awesome!

Here's an exclusive look at the Comic Con poster for James Wan's (Saw, Dead Silence) latest directorial effort, which stars Kevin Bacon, Garrett Hedlun, Kelly Preston, John Goodman, Aisha Tyler, Leigh Whannell, Matt O'Leary, Yorgo Constantine and Jordan Garrett.

The story centers on a father out for revenge after his family is attacked in a senseless and heinous gang-initiation crime. The father enacts a death sentence on each perpetrator involved with the crime.

Death Sentence hits theaters everywhere on August 31st.

New trailers:-

Wrong Turn 2: Dead End Unrated trailer. (COMING IN OCTOBER ON DVD)

Psych 9 - Cary Elwes, Sara Foster, Gabriel Mann & Michael Biehn. (COMING SOON)

(References - aintitcool.com, bloody-disgusting.com, variety.com, myspace.com, psych9.com)
Old 07-16-2007, 10:10 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I met Joe not so long ago at the LA GRINDHOUSE FILM FEST. Awesome guy. Wrong Turn 2 is going to be very, very wet!

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 07-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Crystal Lake Slasher

I have some questions.
First, is Horror in your House a dvd box set? Because I don't recall seeing such sets over here.
Second, Misery's dvd releasing on Oct 2 and Wrong Turn 2 Dead End on Oct 9. Those are dates for the official international dvds to be released, or just in USA?
I cannot wait for both of those, especially Wrong Turn 2.
I would be very glad if someone clears that for me.

- Walter Savage Landor.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane_Hodder View Post
I have some questions.
First, is Horror in your House a dvd box set? Because I don't recall seeing such sets over here.
No, that's just Bloody-Disgusting's title for their DVD release news articles.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:45 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane_Hodder View Post
Misery's dvd releasing on Oct 2 and Wrong Turn 2 Dead End on Oct 9. Those are dates for the official international dvds to be released, or just in USA?
I cannot wait for both of those, especially Wrong Turn 2.
I would be very glad if someone clears that for me.
First part has been answered by MM.

As for the second part, I think those DVD release dates are for the US versions...not sure about the international ones, unless the respective companies are releasing them worldwide.

I ll look into it and PM you later, Kane.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Banned

Just want to take some time to thank V for all his contribution to this forum. Its people like him that have kept me coming back after all the bullshit.
Closed Thread