Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-03-2003, 07:27 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthe
"Big trouble in little China" was indeed a great movie, but it wasn't really horror.
I somewhat disagree with you on that. I think Big Trouble had an element of damn near every genre of film, from horror to fantasy to comedy. Tell me that big eyeball thing wasn't fucking scary.:D
Old 12-05-2003, 06:24 AM

hey ppl

hey ppl , hi and good day to all of you.... first of all i think that John carpenter is a good director, i loved his halloween series and also the thing and numerous others. The only time i think he made a mistake was that in Haloween 3, he didnt have michael myers, does anyone know why.(btw it was directed by JC right)... well anyways as Pinhead and Candyman is concerned i dont know but something that i would be intersted in, would be How about Will Smith and Martin Lawrence of Bad Boys fame, are sent to racoon city (resident evil ) or maybe something like that... what you guys think.. let me know..

ciao,,
Old 12-05-2003, 07:15 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Re: hey ppl

Quote:
Originally posted by hash23
The only time i think he made a mistake was that in Haloween 3, he didnt have michael myers, does anyone know why.(btw it was directed by JC right)...
Halloween 3 was directed by Tommy Lee Wallace.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:25 AM

John Carpenter was my hero after I saw "The Thing", and the success of the "Halloween" series made him big also. However, I think his movies outside of those 2 titles were just mediocre, and seemed to be getting worse as time went on. That's just my opinion.
Mediocre in the horror genre sometimes is as good as it gets. So in that context, + the fact that he is an original, makes him an awesome director.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:49 AM

thanks

thank yuo for correcting me Cryptkeeper. but why do you think they decided to not have michael myers in it, anyone knows,,

hash23
Old 12-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Cryptkeeper

Re: thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by hash23
thank yuo for correcting me Cryptkeeper. but why do you think they decided to not have michael myers in it, anyone knows,,

hash23
Well, I believe the plan was to make different Halloween related movies after killing Myers in part 2. Kinda like the House films, each film is about a different house. That was the idea behind the departure. Of course it bombed at the box office and they had bring ole Mike back.