Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-12-2004, 09:32 PM

Eminem-Just Lose got pulled off BET

Eminem isn't making a fan out of Michael Jackson with his new video, which pokes fun at the embattled pop star. The singer has asked video channels to stop playing "Just Lose It," and BET has since pulled the clip out of rotation.

In the video, Eminem riffs on several Jackson-related themes, from an opening routine reminiscent of "Billie Jean," to a joke about the 1985 incident in which the singer's hair caught on fire during the filming of a Pepsi ad. Wearing prosthetic makeup to look like Jackson, Eminem also targets the singer's molestation scandal by sitting on a bed with boys dancing around him.

In the song, Eminem insists it's not an attack, rapping, "Come here, little kiddies, on my lap/ Guess who's back with a brand new rap/ And I don't mean a rap as in a new case of child-molestation accusation/ ... I've done touched on everything but little boys/ That's not a stab at Michael/ That's just a metaphor/ I'm just psycho."

Jackson said he finds the video "offensive" and "demeaning," according to spokesperson Raymone Bain. "The entire video is inappropriate; it's not just one thing," Bain said. "He is very disappointed, he is very angry. It's one thing for there to be a spoof, it's another to be insensitive and disrespectful. It crossed the line."

Jackson also called in to "The Steve Harvey Morning Show" on Los Angeles radio station KKBT-FM on Tuesday to complain. "I've never had a problem with Eminem," Jackson told Harvey, saying that he felt "appalled" and "angry" at his depiction in the video. "I've admired Eminem as an artist, and was shocked by this," Jackson said. "The video was inappropriate and disrespectful to me, my children, my family and the community at large."

Bain said Jackson was encouraged by BET's decision to pull the video and hopes other channels follow suit. BET spokesperson Michael Lewellen said the move was "out of respect for our longstanding relationship with Michael Jackson."

"BET pulled the video because we feel it is inappropriate to use our network to air a video disparaging Michael's character, or that of any other celebrity," BET Chairman/Founder Bob Johnson said in a statement.

In the meantime, Eminem is standing by his video. His label, Interscope, released a statement about the matter contingent upon it being printed in full. It reads: "Eminem's video for 'Just Lose It' was taken off the air today by BET. Michael Jackson requested that the station no longer play the video because he found it offensive. We are sorry that BET made this decision. Eminem's new album, Encore, will be released on November 16."

MTV, MTV2 and MTVU continue to air the "Just Lose It" video.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:36 PM
Death wants you!Yeah you!

Send a message via AIM to dantehorrorfan
damn that sucks
Old 10-12-2004, 09:41 PM

Eminem is cool
Old 10-12-2004, 11:06 PM

I hate Micheal Jackson

• Pulling Eminem's song Just Lose It off BET
  • Sueing somebody on ebay for selling his Merchandise
  • for not wanting to be black he's races
Old 10-13-2004, 03:31 AM
Werd Bitches!!!!!!!!

Send a message via ICQ to DaBroMain Send a message via AIM to DaBroMain
Yeah i guess eminem has got some mad flowin skillz. But hes such a fucking poser goddamn i kinda hate that motherfucker .............. but i will bump his shit from time to time...:D :D
Old 10-13-2004, 03:47 AM
Fear scented candle

I like Eminiem. Pissed off white boy? i can relate. Not too much (my life got a MUCH better start than his did), but the boy has talent. Plus, he hates everyone equally. i can respect that. :D
Old 10-13-2004, 03:48 AM
Fear scented candle

I dont think Michael is a bad person. I think he is fucking looney, but that doesnt make him evil. Im not being funny either, i seriously think he is mentally ill.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:27 AM
Werd Bitches!!!!!!!!

Send a message via ICQ to DaBroMain Send a message via AIM to DaBroMain
yeah you gotta respect the equal hation....
Old 10-13-2004, 07:41 AM
Tonight belongs to HIM

I think he got abducted by aliens

He used to be damn cool before he changed colors like a chameleon
Old 10-13-2004, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
I think he got abducted by aliens

He used to be damn cool before he changed colors like a chameleon
lol