Old 05-01-2023, 07:10 AM
Evil Dead

"Mountain Of The Cannibal God" is an Italian giallo jungle and cannibal themed horror film from the 1970s, directed by Sergio Martino. It is about a lady an her brother searching for her missing husband who was last seen on a search expedition for highly valuable natural products deep in the jungles of New Guinea! The government believes he got killed in the depths of the jungles, where there is a lot of dangerous and deadly wild life and cannibals out there. The lady and her brother say they do not want to give up on the search unless they can find out for sure that the missing husband is actually dead. They meet an American guide who currently resides out that way and is an expert on the jungle and wildlife, and knows that certain jungle real well. He also has a good amount of natives who know and life him. They agree to guide them on the expedition, searching for the missing husband, but encounter many surprise attacks from crocodiles, long venomous snakes, cannibals, and the like. They even lose the natives to those attacks pretty fast, but the lady and her brother insist on continuing. The lady also gets caught by a cannibal who tries to kill her, but then gets saved by another American guide who happens to be on another expedition out that way. He also agrees to help guide on that search because he is also very familiar with that jungle and wildlife, along with how dangerous and deadly it can be out that way. This movie has a lot of action and adventure to it with plenty of good stunt work and staged combat. It also has a lot of good drama and dialogue, and well developed characters. It even had a good well developed plot and story line. There is also a lot of artsy and amazing looking nature and wildlife shots throughout the whole film. Even the kill scenes with a lot of blood and gore are still done in good artsy and creative ways. There are also plenty of good twists and turns in the story. Out of the cannibal and jungle themed horror films, this is definitely one of the better ones out there.
Old 05-02-2023, 03:09 AM
Evil Dead

"The Case Of The Scorpion's Tail" is an Italian giallo horror film from the 1970s, directed by Sergio Martino. It is about a wealthy man's widow inheriting a million dollars after he dies in a plane explosion, only to have stalkers threatening her, saying they are entitled to large amounts of that inheritance. They even go to extents of hiring lawyers and even hitmen to break into hotel rooms she is staying at in attempting to kill her and/or steal the money. Even investigators working on the case have to deal with people breaking into hotel rooms they are staying at in attempts to kill them as well. There is also a lone masked killer who breaks into places to kill a few of the ladies involved in the case. There are a lot of twists and turns in making it look like the killer is one person, only to have that person get it next, or having that person talking to another person off camera, not showing who the other person involved is. There is a lot of great action and suspense in this film, along with a lot of great drama, dialogue, and well developed characters. This film also has one of the bigger shockers on who the killer actually is, of all films that have surprise endings on who the killers actually are. Those into murder mysteries and the Italian giallo horror era should not be disappointed with this one.
Old 07-03-2023, 03:00 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic_horror_fan View Post
"Mountain Of The Cannibal God" is an Italian giallo jungle and cannibal themed horror film from the 1970s, directed by Sergio Martino. It is about a lady an her brother searching for her missing husband who was last seen on a search expedition for highly valuable natural products deep in the jungles of New Guinea! The government believes he got killed in the depths of the jungles, where there is a lot of dangerous and deadly wild life and cannibals out there. The lady and her brother say they do not want to give up on the search unless they can find out for sure that the missing husband is actually dead. They meet an American guide who currently resides out that way and is an expert on the jungle and wildlife, and knows that certain jungle real well. He also has a good amount of natives who know and life him. They agree to guide them on the expedition, searching for the missing husband, but encounter many surprise attacks from crocodiles, long venomous snakes, cannibals, and the like. They even lose the natives to those attacks pretty fast, but the lady and her brother insist on continuing. The lady also gets caught by a cannibal who tries to kill her, but then gets saved by another American guide who happens to be on another expedition out that way. He also agrees to help guide on that search because he is also very familiar with that jungle and wildlife, along with how dangerous and deadly it can be out that way. This movie has a lot of action and adventure to it with plenty of good stunt work and staged combat. It also has a lot of good drama and dialogue, and well developed characters. It even had a good well developed plot and story line. There is also a lot of artsy and amazing looking nature and wildlife shots throughout the whole film. Even the kill scenes with a lot of blood and gore are still done in good artsy and creative ways. There are also plenty of good twists and turns in the story. Out of the cannibal and jungle themed horror films, this is definitely one of the better ones out there.
Always loved the cover artwork with the snake.
Old 07-03-2023, 03:14 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Just started watching Balsamus l'uomo di Satana (Balsamus the Man of Satan)...italian horror

edit: just finished watching this thing haha, a truly odd film, and (unintentionally?) hilarious at the same time....though dragging in many parts, if I had to rate it I'd give it a 4 or 5 out of 10. IMDB seemed to be kind when they gave it a 6 out of 10 .

Last edited by TaeKwonZombie; 07-03-2023 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-03-2023, 05:09 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Now I'm watching Queens of Evil as my viewings of Italian horror continue..

edit: alright well this one had a more beautiful cast, queens indeed! Quite opposite of the ugliness that was Balsamus. I enjoyed it in its own weird way, the ending reminds me of Rosemarys Baby...

Last edited by TaeKwonZombie; 07-03-2023 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-03-2023, 07:07 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Ombre Roventi (Shadow of Illusion)

Last edited by TaeKwonZombie; 07-03-2023 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-03-2023, 10:58 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Hatchet for the Honeymoon (more like cleaver)....Mario Bava work, great performances especially the killer played by Stephen Forsyth...I definitely enjoyed this one.
Old 07-05-2023, 09:17 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

another weird Pupi Avati film, Thomas and The Bewitched. It was ok, I believe its his 2nd movie? Better than Balsamus...
Old 09-20-2023, 06:06 PM
Evil Dead

The Last one that I ever watched was a horror movie called: Them: 2006. I honestly didn't know how to feel about it at first but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It caught me by surprise. I plan to check out more European Horror in the future.
Old 12-19-2023, 10:17 AM
I kick ass for the lord!

Don't Look In The Attic (1982)

Also known as House of The Damned (Souls)...You get to see a haunted italian villa, stabbings, and whats in the attic? Watch it to find out, but beware the bad dubbing.