Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Husband Killed With Cheese Knife

Husband killed with cheese knife

A woman who stabbed her husband to death with a cheese knife, then tied him up to disguise the killing as a sex game that went wrong, was jailed for 15 years for murder today.

Carol Croydon blamed several other people before finally admitting killing her husband Philip, but claimed she had been suffering flashbacks to earlier abuse, prosecutors said.
A jury at Nottingham Crown Court in central England took less than three hours today to find Croydon, of nearby Edwinstowe, guilty of murdering her 49-year-old husband.

Passing sentence, Judge Colman Treacy told Croydon she was "a cold-hearted and ruthless killer who has shown no regret or remorse".

"You were in my judgment calculating and devious," he said.
The prosecution told the court that Philip Croydon, who ran an upholstery business in Long Eaton, near Nottingham, had arranged to meet his wife at a hotel in a bid to boost their "flagging" marriage. Both were having affairs.

Within 40 minutes of meeting at the hotel, Carol Croydon had stabbed her husband 22 times in the neck and chest, Spencer said.

She then tied neckties around each of his wrists, one around his neck and left him naked at the foot of the bed.

When arrested, Croydon told police she had left her husband in the hotel room with a couple of "swingers", couples who like to swap partners for sex.

She later blamed her lover, Nelson Bland, and tried to implicate her former husband before finally admitting she was responsible. She claimed she had been provoked by flashbacks to previous abuse at his hands.

The campaign group Justice for Women said Croydon had endured years of physical and sexual abuse as a child and from her husband.

"Carol has been victimized twice - first by her abusers and secondly by a legal system that refuses to accept the profound affects of child sexual abuse and domestic violence on women," the group said.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 05-10-2004, 06:29 AM
legal eyes

Send a message via AIM to jay o2 waster
what the hell is wrong with people?